Waldorf SL Blofeld?

- ask away
Minimal Samples
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Waldorf SL Blofeld?

Post by Minimal Samples »

I saw the Blofeld when it forst came out and it seemed pretty nice. Good synthesis options and very good value. Now the Blofeld SL is out and has 60mb of flash ram for user samples. Has anyone got one or played one?

It sounds like exactly the kind of machine I've been after to hold my custom drum kits for playing out live.

Id be interested in hearing about any user experiences? How easy is it to get your samples in with the provided software? Is it easy to adjust sample loop points etc on the fly?
http://minimalsamples.com - Submit 20 original minimal loops & samples and get the entire archive for free.

Techno & Minimal Techno News Blog
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

Not sure if i understand this, the Blofeld comes with 60mb flash memory, but you need to buy a license to activate it? haha thats bs.

Anyway, if you want to use the samples to create totally new ones, than maybe you should give a try.
but if you want to play the samples as they are, a groove box like one of the Korgs or Machinedrum might do a better job.
Minimal Samples
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Minimal Samples »

Stomper wrote:Not sure if i understand this, the Blofeld comes with 60mb flash memory, but you need to buy a license to activate it? haha thats bs.
Well its either BS or a pleasant little surprise if you weren't expecting it. :D

Anyway the reason I'm looking at it is because it seems to allow you to use a huge number of synthesis options on any raw samples you import.
http://minimalsamples.com - Submit 20 original minimal loops & samples and get the entire archive for free.

Techno & Minimal Techno News Blog
Android
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Android »

it is a pretty cool feature

I wish it would have been a free upgrade

and you can definitely process samples much differently than a standard korg or mpc sampler