Berlin tips!

- open
Kuba Stepp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Berlin tips!

Post by Kuba Stepp »

Yo, what up?
Going to Berlin in a few months, and wanna hear from anyone living there or with any Berlin experience.
Since tips for renting apartments, daily costs and nightclubs.
My intention is to leave São Paulo for a while, meet interesting people, appreciate the lifestyle of the city, producing music and eventually Djing in some clubs. I want to stay 3 months there.
Gonna travel with few equipments, and maybe my audio monitors.
(don't know if it worths buy another smaller, cheaper but good quality pair there. I have the genelecs 8040 ... think it's too much hasle to travel with).
Any tips/advices would be much appreciated!
Cheers
hightechnologic
maximini
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by maximini »

"lets be cool and move to berlin" :-)
no, but seriously, it s a great city and you will enjoy a lot.
djing in some clubs without connections or being well known could be difficult, as there are more djs than dancers actually in berlin :lol: good luck for that.
as for rent an appartment you could check out studenten-wg.de or wg-gesucht.de, eventually with google translate if you dont speak german.
clubs.. there is quite a lot.
let me recommend you berghain/panorama bar, watergate, arena, wilde renate, in summer also bar25 as well as club der visionäre.
depends what sound you like you might wanna check out others as well.
i wouldnt bother bringing to much equipment as you can buy also used stuff here.. and if it is only 3 months.. hmm its up to you.
be prepared to get lost in the party marathons.. 8)
boudo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boudo »

maximini wrote:berghain/panorama bar, watergate, arena, wilde renate, in summer also bar25 as well as club der visionäre
It seems like these are the only clubs in berlin. Isn't there any other club worth mentioning?
maximini
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by maximini »

boudo wrote:
maximini wrote:berghain/panorama bar, watergate, arena, wilde renate, in summer also bar25 as well as club der visionäre
It seems like these are the only clubs in berlin. Isn't there any other club worth mentioning?
not for me :lol:
but feel free to mention whatever you like, bro
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Golden Gate, WeekEnd, Tresor are a few more of the clubs.

I don't know how the daily living costs are for you, but Berlin compared to Denmark is quite cheap, so are the apartment costs, so you should be able to get along quite well quite cheap.
Getting to play somewhere if you don't have any contacts will be hard, but give it a try of course.
Kuba Stepp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Kuba Stepp »

thx for the tips!
I mean, I've some contacts in Berlin, but I'm not looking forward to getting some gigs. I'll give it a try of course, but it's not my priority. I'm going to Berlin to get inspired, to meet artists, to party and to listen to great music.
Going to other places in Europe as well, but Berlin is the city I'm going to stay longer.
Looking forward to meeting djs and producers and exchange some knowledge, since here in Brazil the scene is so boring. (for my musical taste)
80% of my set is from german producers, I definitely need to go there.
Keep feeding me up with infos, I really appreciate it!
hightechnologic
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

maximini wrote:
boudo wrote:
not for me :lol:
but feel free to mention whatever you like, bro
80% of the decent nights, along with a whole load of sh!t, are on the resident advisor event listings, so i'd pay more attention to the listings than the name of the club. i learned the hard way that you can't assume that just because this is "techno city", every quote-unquote "techno night" will actually be any good. techno and house here are like funky- and electro-house anywhere else; they get watered down beyond all recognition. but for what it's worth, clubs i've had a good time at more than once here include:

berghain/pano
rechenzentrum
horst (if you pick the right night eg wax treatment)
maria (likewise)
monster ronson's (esp. if you like disco)
HBC (again if you like disco and can put up with art hair types)
bar 25 on occasion

if you want some monitors while you're here i've got some passive tannoy reveals and an amp that i could sell you for not much; they're cheap as chips and not half bad. i'm in no hurry so don't mind holding onto them if you want.

hit me up when you get here; would be happy to hook up for a drink or whatnot.
o b j e k t

www.keinobjekt.de
Dusk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dusk »

Wrong forum.