Ikey Pro

- ask away
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Ikey Pro

Post by Kiani »

I want to records my sets when I play out. A friend of mine advised me to buy an Ikey Pro. What are your thoughts? Are there better alternatives in the same price range? Do the recordings sound ok? It only has a 1GB memory card, which is not that much imo...
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

a 1 hour set in wav quality is as far as I remember around 700 mb ?
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

indeed, but for me it's ok to have it in 320 kbps. but i sometimes do quite long sets, so I dunno if 1GB will fit my needs
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

why dont you give us a link to check it out? cant find much info about it.

anyway. if you think the storage probably wont do it, it wont do it for sure.
Alex Bizzaro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Alex Bizzaro »

i had it, recording was good…but it doesn't work so well in my opinion..after one year it was broken
ParanoidDancer
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by ParanoidDancer »

I don't know about the existence of an iKey PRO and I couldn't find one through Google. But if you mean the iKey plus it's possible to hook up any USB storage device, so the 1gig limit shouldn't really be a problem.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

i've heard nothing but sh!t about ikey's... this was 2 or 3 years ago. So I'm not sure if they have fixed them.

I'm not sure how much it costs over there, but i got a fairly inexpensive field recorder that is really sweet. zoom H2, it burns through batteries more than i would hope but it has really been a solid recorder for me. ~ $150 us. Over the years, I've been buying them as gifts for close friends. They really like them too.

edit: that was like 5 years ago... lol... probably why u can't find them on google.
http://www.amazon.com/Ikey-Audio-M3-Por ... 291&sr=1-2

looks interesting but for an extra $50 you could get a field recorder.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

yeah what hydrogen said, i wouldnt bother with anything ikey. i had an ikey recorder to record my dj sets awhile back. after about half a year the thing started working really flakey on me. i think the company itself is geared towards making more "affordable" products for digital audio recording but it ends up being sh!t quality, i.e. you get what you pay for kinda thing. spend the extra money and invest in something that will really suit your needs and give you the quality you want/deserve. ;)