Mowar005 Aubrey - Dark (+ Mike Parker & Pendle Coven rmx

- wax
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Mowar005 Aubrey - Dark (+ Mike Parker & Pendle Coven rmx

Post by dsat »

mowar-005 Aubrey - Dark (+remixes by Mike Parker and Pendle Coven)

Mowar is releasing new one soon... this time by one of UK's finest producers Aubrey with Mike Parker and Pendle Coven on remix duty. Release somewhere around 18 january. Not to be missed!!!

Blabla:

With over 70 releases Aubrey hardly needs any introduction. He’s by far one of UK’s most prolific producers and is responsible for many quality house and techno releases spanning over 20 years on labels like Solid Groove, Textures or Ferox. Mowar has the honour to re-release one of his forgotten beauties. Originally released on his defunct label Dark, this untitled track now renamed Dark after the label, is an 8-minute trip into a deep Basic Channel-like atmosphere. Dubbed out techno, melancholically resounding deep chords all layered on reverberating throbbing beats. The sheer emotion radiating from this track makes you wonder how this gem went so unnoticed. Mowar feels that this track should get the attention it deserves and so it’s unleashed again on the unsuspecting minds of today. The release comes with 2 perfectly fitting remixes by Modern Love artists Pendle Coven and Geophone’s Mike Parker. Pendle Coven preserves the dub feel of the original but explores the darker aspect of it. The result is an eerie mix of gentle chaos and chanting chords in an almost machinelike manner, supported by the throb. One would say this remix sounds like an experimental cross between industrial and dub techno. It’s just that dirty. Mike Parker has a more stripped down approach, reducing the original to its skeletal state. Minimalist but equally dark in Mike’s own trademark ways the track is a cerebral mindbender for those magical hypnotic moments on techno’s dancefloors.

prelisten here:

http://soundcloud.com/mowar

Efdemin: WOW!!! jesus, what the !"$" is going on?!? original and mike parker rmx are amazing.
will play and play and play. thank u!!!

Deetron: thanks for that, I love the original version, will play it for sure!!

Dave Mothersole: thanks for this. i'm feeling mike's mix. very nice sounds and atmosphere. will play on my radio show.

Peter Van Hoesen: Many thanks. The original is really great. I’ll definitely play this. The two remixes are very good too. Mike’s version is the most interesting one for me.

Cio D’Or
Absolutely great release! I will chart it!
A) Dark is a very great dark dubbed Technotrack! It will work perfectly for my Dubtechno Set!
B1) The Pendle Coven Rmx brings more dirt in the whole track! It will rock!
B2) The Mike Parker Remix is an amazing rework in a subtile beautiful, sensitive & hypnotic way, wow!!!

Angel Molina: I love this, Pendle Coven the most, pure Basic Channel-esque sound. My biggest support!

Dan Curtin: Really liking the dark subtlety of the Mike Parker remix, great!

Laurent Garnier: Moody and organic ...luv it

Xpansul: DOPE!!! Support from me mate!!!

Elliott Dodge: best Mowar to date!!!! love this big time, Pendle Coven and Aubrey's original are the ones I’m going to play, thanks mate.

Matt O’Brien: I love the original but the Pendle Coven remix is devastating! Heavy, heavy stuff. Great release.

Tomaz (studio brussel): Always been an Aubrey fan, a real underestimated producer. Love this package with original and PC-remix as fave’s.

Alex Downey: Agreed, an overlooked gem by Aubrey. No matter I still like it and all the real players will too! Good choices on the remix tip, very suitable artists to remix this track..... dig what Mike Parker does and this is my favourite of the 2 mixes, but the original still comes out on top. Will endeavour to give this some radio play.

Lee Holman: Deep Dark and ROCKING! excellent release, radio and club play guaranteed!

Matt Chester: The remixes are nice but the original is definitely the best, has a great punch and lushness to it.

Relevant websites:

www.myspace.com/mowar
www.mowar.be
www.myspace.com/askonceagain

www.myspace.com/allenalien
www.myspace.com/aubreydarkrecords

www.pendle-coven.co.uk
www.myspace.com/inversions
www.mike-parker.net
Last edited by dsat on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

ace !!!!
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

mowar does it again! more technoid than earlier ones but not less amazing...
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

thanks

keeping it strong :-)
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

djkomisch
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by djkomisch »

great release:)
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

djkomisch wrote:great release:)

well... thanks to Aubrey, Mike and the PC boys :-)
noelpeters
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by noelpeters »

wow!

i picked up the orginal in 2001 - will have to get this as well