henry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[EXM021] Fergie - Ragaroo [Excentric Muzik] out now

Post by henry »

"Fergie - Ragaroo"
...out now at Beatport
(12" coming soon)

For Excentric Muzik, if 2008 was about laying down some solid foundations for Fergie and the label then 2009 was all about building on these as well as bringing some fresh and some familiar faces into the fold. The first half of the year was dominated by the "Excentric Muzik. Rewired." project where 10 of Fergie's original productions were remixed by Umek, Pig & Dan, Slam, King Unique, Spektre and Alan Fitzpatrick to name just a few.

It was then the turn of Reset Robot to supply the next release with "Softie" and by doing so became only the second of three artists other than Fergie to release on Excentric. Who could forget the Maktub / Eye Of Storm double header that came and conquered all after that. And then this was swiftly followed by a very large collaboration between (heroes of 2009) Christian Smith and Reset Robot, Elixir was accompanied by Gary Beck and Henry Von remixes and was another big release for all concerned.

Which brings us up to the present, with Fergie and Excentric rounding off the year with Ragaroo, a tense builder, winding things up to an uncontrollable level with a mixture of rising and just plain strange sounds, with the usual high production standards that you expect from a Fergie track, before finally letting things rip with an abundance of noise and a killer baseline.

On remix duties is Jus' Phil (Monu Digital), who returns to Excentric after his shuffling and bass heavy remix of Fergie - Break-Out from earlier in the year. His take introduces a low slung yet bouncy groove, hooking listeners in before using the weird craggy effects of the original to really take things to a new level of twistedness.

"Thanx to every one that has supported and enjoyed the muzik, see you in 2010. FERGIE"

To listen to Ragaroo head to the Excentric Muzik Facebook, Myspace or Soundcloud.

Reactions
Umek - "Yeah!!!!!!! great"
Len Faki - "Playin it out since a while as you know. good to see it around :)"
Gregor Tresher - "Full support for Fergie of course!! Ragaroo, cool & shuffly peaktime stuff!"
Stephan Bodzin - "Good one! will def playout."
Joey Beltram - "Very nice track. Will play this."
Slam - "Another strong release - cool label"
Spektre - "Another huge slice of peak time techno...full support!"
Hell - "Jus phil rmx is nice !!!"
Stacey Pullen - "Jus' Phil remix is my fav!"
Mauro Picotto - "Well done fergie, solid track"
Anderson Noise - "Full Support!!!"
Tim Sheridan - "I'm fully into the bump of the Jus ' Phil Remix. Make's me go all equestrian ;) ace."
Bart Skills (District One) - "The remix sounds cool!"
Meat Katie - "Another couple of tracks that go straight in the box (or wallet), what a year for both Fergie and the Excentric Label, well done fellas, inspiring stuff!!!!! Have a good xmas."
Dave Robertson (Reset Robot) - "Great mix from phil!"
Psycatron (Planet E / R&S / Tronic) - "A great end to a great year for Fergie."
Erphun (Bedrock / Viva) - "Been playing the original mix for a while now. love it.. thats the one for me all the way! :)"
Max Cooper (Traum) - "A pair of tasty bangers, definitely will be playing both thank you!"
Electric Rescue (Cocoon) - "i appreciate the 2 tracks will play it"
Nihil Young - "These are two HUGE floorfillers! perfect for the peaktime, love it :)"
Greg Churchill - "Smokin! Love original. Full support"
Jon Gurd - "both wicked mixes, i prefer the jus' phil mix as it fits my sets better... wicked release!"
Bigger Than Jesus - "All over the original, sterling work!"
Danny Graham (Proton Radio) - "I like the original but it's all about Jus Phil's mix here for me. That one's class! "
Gaz James - "Ferg gve me this a while back ... Nice track support from me. Nice remix too. Looking forward to the next."
Mark Kavanagh (Irish Daily Star) - "Yes, yes, yes will be playing this tonight before Steve Mulder. Loving the original but the twisted remix does the necessary too :) 7/10"
Louis Osbourne (Weekend Offenders RTE) - "Both mixes are ace, but the remix is doing it for me the most....... DOPE! U60 is going to be getting this one full blast about 6am tomorrow morning! 9/10"

Also out this month:
Psycatron - Directions (Fergie Remix) [Tronic]
Fergie - Exit People Remixes [1605]

excentric-fergie.com
Facebook
Myspace
Soundcloud
Youtube