Korg Electribe ESX-1: Noise Floor Issues??

- ask away
will kinsella
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Korg Electribe ESX-1: Noise Floor Issues??

Post by will kinsella »

Hi guys

I was running my electribe through an analogue desk at the weekend and experienced serious problems with the noise floor of the drum machine. it was far too loud and it wasnt an issue with the desk. Its a pro studio.

Has anyone else had these problems?

Thanks
Brankis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brankis »

esx-1 is notorious for being noisy... although i used to own one and didn't think it was that bad.

change the tubes?? direct box??
will kinsella
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by will kinsella »

im not sure what to do to be honest mate. how much would it cost to get her serviced. will it be any better? i dunno. bit of a pisser cos iv got sh!t written on it and want to get it down
Brankis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brankis »

will kinsella wrote:im not sure what to do to be honest mate. how much would it cost to get her serviced. will it be any better? i dunno. bit of a pisser cos iv got sh!t written on it and want to get it down
i doubt it needs any servicing... try a DI box. surely your pro studio has those

otherwise you could try some noise reduction plugs as a last resort.

you say you have all this stuff on it? did you notice the noise issue when writing it on the ESX or is it a result of connecting to the console??
Salomo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Salomo »

in my experience it's usually a very obvious grounding/wiring issue def. outside the blamed gear, though i too have the habit blaming it. Try and connect it to a different DI or pherhaps directly to your mixer or soundcard. If the problem is stubborn and constant everywhere you might consider having it checked / fixed. just be sure its within the korg cause diagnoses n reparations aren't cheap.

gr
will kinsella
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by will kinsella »

thanks guys. il try the DI, it was direct into the desk. will also mess around with earthing. im gonna try it on another desk too.

I hadn't noticed it before but its been ages since i used it for my tracks to be honest. its about 2 years old and iv just gotten sick to sh!t of software

thanks again guys, didn't expect such a quick response
dubgil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil »

DI or new tubes mate
Salomo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Salomo »

dubgil wrote:DI or new tubes mate
i usually repare everything myself n dont know wheather those tubes need much screwing work or its easily mounted cause i never experienced problems, but be careful you dont void any warranty seals when its still on full warranty, would make the problem/bill grow. usually it wont be taken kindly if you screwed around on yourself and then return it.