Looking for soundcard.

- ask away
grand
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Looking for soundcard.

Post by grand »

Hi there,
I'm looking for a soundcard for my laptop...

I've heard about an M audio soundcard price arount the 410 euros it's the M-Audio FireWire 410.

What do you think about this soundcard.
Somebody has used this soundcard?
What soundcard are you using with your laptop ?
Is there other good sound cards ?

I know lots of question ;)

Cheers.
D.
daemon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by daemon »

dont have any experience with the card you are suggesting

but i use a digidesign mbox and think its super

http://www.digidesign.com/products/mbox/

it cost me 500 euros but i think it s money well spent!!
gooner
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gooner »

if you've got a laptop with a pcmcia slot then go for the hammerfall cards - they are amazing. i can't recommend them enough.

http://www.rme-audio.com

i've got the multiface and cardbus.... sound quality is superb...
AbstraKt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by AbstraKt »

gooner wrote:if you've got a laptop with a pcmcia slot then go for the hammerfall cards - they are amazing. i can't recommend them enough.

http://www.rme-audio.com

i've got the multiface and cardbus.... sound quality is superb...
Is there a difference between PC slot and Firewire stability or quality? I see that RME just released a Firewire audio interface.

It's so hard to find info on sound cards especially in layman's terms. Any help would be appreciated!
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
- Plato -

"Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things. "
-Denis Diderot-
orphic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by orphic »

I have the M-Audio Firewire 410, but I have only had it for a couple of weeks and really have not had a chance to put it to full use at all.

One thing to note is that is it not hot swappable, ie, you must power both it and your computer down when unplugging it.

I have heard stories of the drivers being very sensitive aswell. I had no issues at all. I'm running it on a desktop PC (A-BIT KV8MAX mobo with a AMD64 CPU) so I can't comment on the compatibility with laptops.

One thing is that with the amount of I/O's, this baby is going to do you for a while. I really don't need ALL of the connections at the moment, but I decided to go with the 410 as it will eliminate the need to upgrade in the near future.

Wish I could give you more information on this. Maybe check out the m-audio website. Will get back to you in a few weeks once I have had a good bash with her ;)
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

i just bought me the m-audio audiophile and a friend got the 410. the only negative thing is that you can´t hot swap it but that´s fine for me. sound is good. latency could be a lil bit better for me but i just got it some days and need to adjust it properly. smash tv uses that card for his livesets and had so far no probs.
price is very good. the 410 is already for 330,- euro available.
look at www.thomann.de
techno made me do it
simplyadrian
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by simplyadrian »

You might as well go for the m - audio 1814 a big step above the 410.... much nicer
01001000011000010110111000100000010100110110111101101100011011110000110100001010
g
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by g »

agreed that if you can suck up the cost RME is the best thing out there.