Rik Woldring - Rat hot hijacked

- music
slickrick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Rik Woldring - Rat hot hijacked

Post by slickrick »

I would love to have some feedback on this track i made recently...

http://soundcloud.com/rik-woldring/rik- ... t-hijacked

thanks in advance.
Elektric Salsa
KrisM
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KrisM »

First, i liked the sounds you used to compose the parts with. The sound that came in around 15 seconds was cool, though I have to admit I started getting tired of hearing it every measure for several minutes lol.

The drum fill around 2:20 was pretty sweet, and I enjoyed the new chordy stab. the bass groove around 2:55 I liked a lot, and it finally added some good new elements to a song that was starting to get boring for me.

I liked that the piece evolved throughout; while I liked the beginning I liked it more as things progressed. The drum fills, when you used them, added a lot to things and i enjoyed hearing them throughout.
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Nice, I like this track. Its one of the best member tracks I have heard in awhile. I like the bassline. Reminds me of a good house party in and old warehouse. I think that one sound that that plays throughout its a little monotonous though. There are a few spots when the music changes and that sound is kind of the lynchpin to the new groove when the change happens but I think overall its a little too invasive.

It would be cool if you could find a sax player to play a few little alternating licks in place of that sound and back it up with a nicer sounding crashing cymbal or something. Overall though, this track has a great groove. Its got the a Basement Jaxx-like energy.
slickrick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by slickrick »

Thanks guys...for the nice words!
Elektric Salsa
GTaylor
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by GTaylor »

I'm not gone type lots.!

I like it!
skorzy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by skorzy »

Great track, love the vibe and the the sound you create. Little bite more variation could do thou as said. Try to rework it a bit and give it some more elements and surprises. this is a bomb in the making ;)
daunzila
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by daunzila »

Yeah, i like it!
nice groove, rly tight!
but like someone has said, some good sounds become a little boring/annoying after some minutes
Anyways i liked a lot, good work!
slickrick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by slickrick »

thanks!!.

maybe that sax/trompet sound does get a bit annoying...will change that and maybe replace it with a different sound...or just use it less.

but overal thanks for the feedback...this helps a lot.
Elektric Salsa