- ask away
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Korg NanoPad

Post by Stomper »

Hi,

Anyone uses the Korg Nanopad?
How is the build quality on this one? cheap as the price? will it fall apart after a while?
I don't wanna struggle pressing a pad after few months because of build quality or anything like that.

Thnx,
Stomper.
Tuke Rantala
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Tuke Rantala »

i've been using nanoPad and nanoKontrol for almost 6 months, and i think both are good for that price. And becouse i use them when i travel, they'v been dropping , banging everywhere but are still ok :D
-I live in ghetto, so i make ghettomusic-

www.myspace.com/tukerantala
Edward_Molton
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Edward_Molton »

I bought the Akai version of the Nanopad as it has 8 buttens and 8 knobs so it's actually a combination of two of the three devices of Korg.
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

Tuke Rantala wrote:i've been using nanoPad and nanoKontrol for almost 6 months, and i think both are good for that price. And becouse i use them when i travel, they'v been dropping , banging everywhere but are still ok :D
Thanks, if it survived and works after dropping and banging im sure it will have a long life staying in the same place in my studio :)
it was important for me to know that.

@Edward, I did have a look on the Akai MPD24, but it cost about 300US more, but i dont need any more buttons, faders or knobs. all i need is the pads.

Stomper.
boudo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boudo »

My friend have one, and i actually think it feels a little cheap but i haven't used it that much.
Edward_Molton
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Edward_Molton »

Stomper wrote:
Tuke Rantala wrote:i've been using nanoPad and nanoKontrol for almost 6 months, and i think both are good for that price. And becouse i use them when i travel, they'v been dropping , banging everywhere but are still ok :D
Thanks, if it survived and works after dropping and banging im sure it will have a long life staying in the same place in my studio :)

@Edward, I did have a look on the Akai MPD24, but it cost about 300US more, but i dont need any more buttons, faders or knobs. all i need is the pads.

Stomper.
@Stomper: I bought the Akai LPD8 and this one costs around 50€ or so. The Akai MPD24 is indeed a bit overkill. http://www.akaipro.com/lpd8
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

Edward_Molton wrote:
Stomper wrote:

Stomper.
@Stomper: I bought the Akai LPD8 and this one costs around 50€ or so. The Akai MPD24 is indeed a bit overkill. http://www.akaipro.com/lpd8
Didn't know they have that model. it wasn't on display in the store and it isn't in their website.
I called them but they haven't got back to me yet. gonna ask about the MPD18 which i also didn't saw there.
they did told that they have some problems with Akai atm and that they didn't got new shipment in a few months now.