LovEvolution 2009 in San Francisco - Simply Amazing

- open
resonantvibes
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

LovEvolution 2009 in San Francisco - Simply Amazing

Post by resonantvibes »

I wanted to write a quick post to acknowledge one of the best electronic music events I've ever attended: LovEvolution 2009 in San Francisco!

Was anybody else from the mnml contingent at this epic shindig?

From electro to techno, all the genres were represented, and the vibe was incredible.

RV covered the four major electronic music festivals in America this year - the Miami Winter Music Conference, the Detroit Electronic Music Festival, the Electric Zoo Festival in New York, and now the LovEvolution festival in San Francisco - and I must say that LovEvolution holds its own!

It seems like this festival deserves to get more industry buzz. The attendance is massive - I think over 100,000 last year - and yet it seems far fewer people talk about LovEvolution than, say, WMC...go figure?

In any case, RV covered the event. We captured exclusive photos and video, which we'll be posting soon on our blog. Feel free to check out our blog coverage, and leave a comment if you were at LovEvolution 2009!

Seth E
http://resonantvibes.com/shop

Home of the sensibly priced WAV.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

last year it was just a bunch of annoying kids partying out in the open and wishing they were old enough to get in to the clubs dancing side-by-side with some of the creepiest way-too-old-to-be-naked-in-public people i've ever seen.

if it suddenly got better, please...enlighten.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

cloutier wrote:last year it was just a bunch of annoying kids partying out in the open and wishing they were old enough to get in to the clubs dancing side-by-side with some of the creepiest way-too-old-to-be-naked-in-public people i've ever seen.
I heard it was the same... but what gives... still has to be a cool fest if your in SF. Dunno if I'd travel to go, in fact I left early to come home. :D
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

hydrogen wrote:I heard it was the same... but what gives... still has to be a cool fest if your in SF. Dunno if I'd travel to go, in fact I left early to come home. :D
its definitely interesting. my only gripe is the soundclash that takes place all through the square. every float is trying to overwhelm the next, and it just makes for an uncomfortable mess of noise for a majority of the time.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

hydrogen wrote:I heard it was the same... but what gives... still has to be a cool fest if your in SF. Dunno if I'd travel to go, in fact I left early to come home. :D
I am sure you had HUGE plans waiting for you in whatever exciting state it is you live in :)

The after party with Pezzner, Three, Adultknapper, and Sutekh all live for free was pretty rediculous. Plus support from the kontrol regulars.
cloutier wrote:
its definitely interesting. my only gripe is the soundclash that takes place all through the square. every float is trying to overwhelm the next, and it just makes for an uncomfortable mess of noise for a majority of the time.

I live a couple blocks from the square and the fest is pretty weak. Its like DEMF without the decent acts they use to have, so you get the same trash, and wasted youth coming through the gates just like when I lived back home.

Upside... at least it is in SF so you are free to do pretty much anything you want.