Post by hydrogen »

+1
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
moessap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by moessap »

I use it, bought it few month ago.. one thing to say… LOVE IT.. sound is perfect and clear when recording instruments !!!

For me, it’s definitely a kind of professional sound card at a quiet “low” price…

All my friends who have one are like me.. more than happy !!!
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

What about if you're not recording and you are just playing music? Is the sound quality still really good? It's about 600 quid, which doesnt seem to cheap/
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

All I can say is that my latency is awesome on this thing. its why i got it really.

I do vocal recording and stuff, but i have yet to reallly "hear" the difference. I havn't done any specific noise tests... and why would I? I was using an echo I/O before... But I really enjoy working with the card. everything is solid about it from the drivers to the build of the box..

Others will tell you to run your audio out of the box into an analog desk mixer and back into the fireface. And thats where your recording happens. :P

I think the most comforting thing about this card, is that I know I'm probably not going to be able to afford anything better and I've hit my cap in terms of quality here. So I can rest assured I've got the best sh!t. lol. silly reason to own such an interface sure...
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Been using this one for a few years. Highly recommanded!
ekwipt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ekwipt »

::BLM:: wrote:What about if you're not recording and you are just playing music? Is the sound quality still really good? It's about 600 quid, which doesnt seem to cheap/
The quality is more so there in the play back than in recording. I'm no snob on converters adn such so it's no biggie for me but if you go and read reviews in gearslutz and the like people will say basically that at the price point they're hard beaten but there's obvioulsy better out there. There's a Yamaha/Stienberg/Cubase soundcard MR816 CSX is a good all round card around the same price and said to have better converters.

Latency on PC is very low, OSX not as low but low enough for my and dare say our needs...

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/ha ... 16csx.html

Next option if you have a tower would be to get an internal card from say Lynx or RME and add your own converters as you need them