(Métisse 05) ft. Efdemin, John Beltran, Convextion & CRC

- wax
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

(Métisse 05) ft. Efdemin, John Beltran, Convextion & CRC

Post by fader »

Today, Curle exists three years - happy birthday to us!

We have a special release to celebrate that properly, the 5th installment on Métisse, our subdivision for remixes. Well, to be honest it's our 6th, if we count the Martyn 10".

Métisse 05 will be in stores somewhere during next week, but you can already listen to the tracks if you want:

A. Efdemin - The Pulse (John Beltran's Summer Light Remix)
http://soundcloud.com/curlerec/efdemin-john-beltran-rmx

B. CRC - Vaskitsaherra (E.R.P. aka Convextion Remix)
http://fairtilizer.com/track/erp?no_frameset=true

INFO:
It's been almost a year since the release of Efdemin's fantastic two-tracker 'America/The Pulse'. 'America', that was also used on his Curle mix-cd 'Carry On...', became quite a big tune and even ended up on the number one spot in Groove magazine's chart. Therefor Efdemin preferred that no-one touched that track anymore, and we decided to give 'The Pulse' a remix treatment. John Beltran is a highly respected artist that has been around since the early nineties - R&S! Peacefrog! Styrax! - and when we heard the ultra-funky mega-bomb he made from 'The Pulse', we knew we made the right decision to ask him. Another one of our long time favourites from accross the ocean is Convextion aka E.R.P. He did some ground-breaking stuff on Matrix, Down Low and Frantic Flowers. We asked him to do a remix of CRC's amazing take on Detroit techno, 'Vaskitsaherra', originally on Curle 009. The result ended up being nothing else than a timeless piece of art. This record comes as a beautifully marbled coloured vinyl, limited to 500 pieces.

DJ FEEDBACK:
Move-D: the John Beltran remix is great
Peter Van Hoesen: nice to see efdemin remixed by john beltran, two generations meet and it works quite well. my fav track is the convextion remix however, this is gerard at his best, reminds me of his great live set at labyrinth last year. thanks. in my chart! http://www.residentadvisor.net/dj-chart ... hart=18020
Arne Weinberg: Beautiful release...The ERP remix of Michael Diekmann's track is amazing!
Steffen (Styrax/Millions Of Moments): great remixes from the legends, lovely deep and soulful, will play for sure
Marsel (Delsin): whoooo, this sounds perfect! two of my favorite producers!
Klen (Frustrated Funk): ERP sounds promising!
Len Faki: great soulful remix from beltran - support!
Joris Voorn: Convextion, yes!!! Very oldskool, but never misses the right groove!
Deetron: john beltran's remix is the one for me here, thanks!
Ripperton: I really dig that ERP remix!!! Bit fast bit groovy like hell! :)
Russ Gabriel: I really like the ERP Remix. Perfect track to end a mix with.
David Labeij (Polder): Loving the John Beltran mix, playing it for sure! Great summer vibe!!
Zander VT: Great remixes. Especially loving the E.R.P. mix. Sven
Laurent Garnier: really like the ERP remix, lovely electro buisness! Thanks!
Agoria: i'm a big fan of john beltran who offers an elegant remix. the ERP remix is cool old school electro!
Martyn: the Convextion remix is fat :)
Anthony Collins: john beltran's remix is the bomb!
Conforce (Rush Hour, Curle): the Convextion remix is fat! heard it already in one of his live sets

PRESS FEEDBACK:
Philip Sherburne (The Wire, Pitchfork, Earplug, Resident Advisor): i really dig the convexion mix! got a great, classic Apollo/R&S feel to it. love the synths in the midrange!
Thaddeus Herrmann (De:Bug): ah, john beltran, very nice treatment
Benoit C. (Tsugi): Beltran remix is the one

http://www.curle.be
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

convextion ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

you killed me with this one !

full support
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

Wohow, ERP remix!!!!
TimTor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TimTor »

I wouldn't play this, but I have to say that John's track is okay. However, I think he could have included a "break" in the tune, as it is ongoing without any major tempo changes or melody slow-downs.
BlueCode Records - BCR011 - Dubious Methods - Out now (free release)!
good_god
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by good_god »

I like Beltran's bouncy take on the original.
ERP: expected something more interesting from him, but this is still nice.
bubbleguuuum
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bubbleguuuum »

good_god wrote:I like Beltran's bouncy take on the original.
ERP: expected something more interesting from him, but this is still nice.
Yes this remix is disappointing and bland, especially considering how great the original track is !
D4RKFORCE
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by D4RKFORCE »

John Beltran's remix :shock:
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

Image 8)