Anybody osx guys update to SnowLeopard?

- ask away
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Anybody osx guys update to SnowLeopard?

Post by hydrogen »

My macbookpro came in today... but it shipped with SnowLeopard. Now I'm having second thoughts... :(

Has anybody using ableton live 8 upgraded and experience no issues?
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

If it was me I'd probably rebuild the system witha clean install of osx 10.5.x for a few months and then rebuild the system once everything is gauranteed to be stable.

I don't know the specifics of what's up with snow leopard. Maybe you would be lucky and stuff would work but I think you would be treading on thin ice.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

oblioblioblio wrote:If it was me I'd probably rebuild the system witha clean install of osx 10.5.x for a few months and then rebuild the system once everything is gauranteed to be stable.

I don't know the specifics of what's up with snow leopard. Maybe you would be lucky and stuff would work but I think you would be treading on thin ice.
Not a bad idea. I will try installing some of the apps and we'll see how it goes.
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

From what I have read Ill keep my production MBP on 10.5 and only upgrade my other macs.

Audio drivers might be a problem and other external hardware. (the drivers are all 64bit now, even with 32bit kernel as I remember)

tasos
sherman
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sherman »

Haven't upgraded yet, but only out of sheer laziness.. A few guys I know have upgraded with no issue, but as always, its a try it n see affair. Give it a go, and only think about downgrading if you hit any issues?
-- sherman
crash
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by crash »

just installed snow leopard as an upgrade yesterday. so far no issues whatsoever.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

crash wrote:just installed snow leopard as an upgrade yesterday. so far no issues whatsoever.
yeah... seems to be working so far with me. damn this different os is totally throwing me for a loop. Took me 10 minutes to figure out where to install the audio units! :) :)

Its gonna be a learning curve... even though everything is "simpler" keep the mind fresh i guess.
crash
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by crash »

hydrogen wrote:
crash wrote:just installed snow leopard as an upgrade yesterday. so far no issues whatsoever.
yeah... seems to be working so far with me. damn this different os is totally throwing me for a loop. Took me 10 minutes to figure out where to install the audio units! :) :)

Its gonna be a learning curve... even though everything is "simpler" keep the mind fresh i guess.
was kind of funny that upgrading osx from leopard to snow leopard released 20gb hard disk space (63gb -> 83gb). would have never ever happened w/ windows.