Headphones

- ask away
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Headphones

Post by Raddler »

Just curious if any one is using these and might want to drop some feedback. There the Seinheiser HD -25-l ll . I would use them strictly for production purposes, no vocals!!

http://www.sennheiser.com/usa/icm_eng.nsf/root/502188

Thanx
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

I think they're better as dj headphones... try look for some AKG or BeyerDynamics...
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

theyre really clean sounding, but lack a certain punch in bass, well made, the only thing is that eventually the cushioning will start to break down, and i dont mean the ear pads. The bass thing isnt an issue cuz the sound is just so clear.
signatures suck
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

do you guy's actually have them? I just bought them anyway's, but Patricks post is kinda making me feel uneasy. There is 2 very similar models, and yes one is more catered to dj'ing and the ones I got more for studio monitoring. Are you guy's happy with them?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Raddler wrote:do you guy's actually have them? I just bought them anyway's, but Patricks post is kinda making me feel uneasy. There is 2 very similar models, and yes one is more catered to dj'ing and the ones I got more for studio monitoring. Are you guy's happy with them?
I'm more of a Sony MDR 7506 guy... (10+ years, 2 pairs)
Myfirstcasio
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Myfirstcasio »

patrick bateman wrote:I think they're better as dj headphones... try look for some AKG or BeyerDynamics...
Agreed
G3rard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by G3rard »

+1

They're great headphones for DJing , tight closed cups, strong, sturdy, every part is replaceable and very loud. Ive had my pair for 7 years without anything going wrong but I wouldnt recommend them as studio headphones. Too bass heavy and will get hot & sweaty when used for long periods imo.

My mate swears by his Sennheiser HD650s for producing although they're open backed and wont be any use if you're intending on using them in a club/loud space plus they're almost £200 :|
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I also swear by my Sennheiser HD650s for producing. i got Sony MDR-700 for DJ use, i tried using them for production and they are rubbish. After owning the HD650s for over 18 months i would never recommend DJ headphones for production.