Anybody ever perform?

- ask away
Sipe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Anybody ever perform?

Post by Sipe »

Sure, we all produce. It's a ball to create your own music. My question, though, is this: Has anybody ever gotten on a card for an event, or even performed at an amature night? Or, better yet, has anybody ever gone somewhat (or all the way) pro? My reason for asking is simply out of curiosity (though if you hve tips for how to get there,that'd be good too.) Thanks guys.
"The techno sound of detroit [...] lacking any human musicianship in its execution reeks of sweat, sex and desire. The creators of that music just press a few buttons and out comes - a million years of pain and lust." ~ The JAMs
zzebbirt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zzebbirt »

lot's of pro's here......
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

i've performed a few times but tomorrow night is my first ableton outing.

i'm well up for it and the club's got an excellent soundsystem.
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

i guess i should add that, for me, this is when it all falls into place and makes sense. it reminds yourself of why you've been cooped up at home, staying up too late, buying expensive gear etc.

and there's no better buzz than crowd response - well unless they're booing you off the stage i guess. to see people dancing to beats that you made yourself from scratch is the best.
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

Easiest thing ou can do is find a person or group of persons doing regular events and try and slide in to do a set at one of their nights or something... having a demo of tracks is one thing, but it helps to record a live performance as a "live demo" as some people really care about that. Practice "playing live" at home/your studio or whatever and when you feel ready, start looking around
PatStormont
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by PatStormont »

Start your own night. Or just hassle promoters with demos.

Stick to it, if people like what you do, you'll get more gigs.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

I would also like to hear some tips & tricks on live performance with ableton live. Like what setup do u guys use? Just your laptop and xone92 and/or some other midi controllers or an extensive set of outbox gear (like compressors or whatever the f* for sound or all this goes on inside ableton)?
I'm a total n00b when it comes to this... :oops:
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Renze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Renze »

Well, I don't perform live, but here's an interesting article from the Ableton website (I hope this helps):

http://www.ableton.com/index.php?main=a ... tthew-dear

Check out the ableton artist page for more info :)