Netlabel with loops

- open
fromkaraoketostardom
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Netlabel with loops

Post by fromkaraoketostardom »

Just had this idea, why not create a netlabel with only loops to download, to mix them or rearrange them, you know, on wave format, so you can put it directly into Live ? For all Ableton wannabe djs. I don't have a clue in internet programming, so I won't do it by myself, but I think it would be a lovely idea, I'm always happy to find some loop vinyls, but it would be nice to download them, and have lots of them ! And why not Ableton as a sponsor ?
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

It's a nice idea, but Archipel sort of has that turf. While they don't do loops specifically, it's sort of redundant to start something similar. The type of music that lends it's way to loop-based stuff you might as well just have tracks released that can be cut up anyway people want to. You can creative-commons license them so people can legally chop them up and things too.

check relevent links
archipel.cc
creativecommons.org
ccmixer.org (not sure if this is a correct URL)
jpls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Netlabel with loops

Post by jpls »

fromkaraoketostardom wrote:! And why not Ableton as a sponsor ?
I doubt they would do such a thing.
fromkaraoketostardom wrote: For all Ableton wannabe djs.
Thats one reason.
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

There's so many people out there starving for even a shard of attention. It's really unlikely for any well known company to sponsor artists or organizations unless it does something for them.. ie - a well known and respected artist using their products is good for their marketing... people might trust a product used by an artist they trust, etc...
astro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by astro »

it is a marketing trick sponsoring breakthrough artist or ideas too, like "x-company supports developement of new talent, let´s support it back"...
which has no relationship wheter ableton supports a particular idea or not, don´t really know their politics on the matter....
zero.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

not a bad idea at all, but ableton already did similar stuff with artist loops they offered on the download page. i'm not sure if those loops are still online.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.