Japanese Horror

- open
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Japanese Horror

Post by upekah »

Hey Guys ,

As I am really into Horror films and recently discovered kind of a japanese horror film called "REC" , I am wondering if some of you guys are into that stuff and could tell me some of their favourite films to check out...

P.S: I don't wanna use this forum as an outlet to ask if some of you guys like something or not.. , It's just hard to catch up quality things without knowing anything that much

cheerio!
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

check out "Mondo" stuff. Sickest. Not japanese though :) (Mondo Cane, Africa Addio etc)
also the "Ginî Piggu" series is legendary...
Blood Sucking Freaks (this one is real funny sht)
Salò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma...

not exactly niche "horror movies" but the mind recoils in horror :):)

also stuff from Jodorowsky
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

Battle Royale
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

Salo, Def. SiiiiiicK!!! Not Horror though. Good stuff if u like sh!t-eaters.

Check out a film called "Come and See" Real life horror. I have quite a high tolerance for disturbing imagery. I'm into "hard" film, so to speak, but I had to stop this one to take a break and gather myself. Also, "Irreversible", but u probably seen that.

For gore and monster type horror check out "Imprint", real nasty Japanese flick with sick torture scenes and a junked-out(real-life) Billy Drago. Another good one is "Audition". Also Japanese with a hot Jap girl inflicting unimaginable pain and torture. Good times.

Also some good psychological type stuff or again more realistic type horror, "Girl Next Door", and the Romanian film "Them" <---- this one will have u squealin' and huggin' ur hello! kitty pillow by the opening scene.

All these movies are on net flix by the way.

Enjoy
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

Hehe tHanks guys!

seems to be that some of you guys are into that stuff as well! nice to hear that...

thanks for your advice and /Horror ON!
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Japanese Horror

Post by antonio_pt »

anizz wrote:Hey Guys ,

As I am really into Horror films and recently discovered kind of a japanese horror film called "REC" ,!
REC is spanish no? ;) Great movie, scared the sh!t outta me.

Also check Takashi Miike's filmography for some really disturbing yet gripping experiences, specially his 'Visitor Q' - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0290329/.

Also the 'August Underground' three-parter is supposed to be of the most twisted kind - like really disturbing - but I still haven't seen them. Not sure if I have the guts/stomach either.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Japanese Horror

Post by upekah »

antonio_pt wrote:
anizz wrote:Hey Guys ,

As I am really into Horror films and recently discovered kind of a japanese horror film called "REC" ,!
REC is spanish no? ;) Great movie, scared the sht outta me.

damn you're right my friend said japanese but anyhoozle , they are the gods of horror kind of?
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

Theres a lot of "Tartan Asia Extreme" films that are awesome. Japanese, Korean films..

http://www.listal.com/list/tartan-asia-extreme-releases