[Siteholder UnCut 026/027] Galuszka - The Lake Effect EP

- only
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[Siteholder UnCut 026/027] Galuszka - The Lake Effect EP

Post by Brian Ffar »

SITEHOLDER UNCUT

Following the success of Siteholder Records, the Chicago based trio of Billy Dalessandro, Brian Ffar, and Daniel Mnookin turn things up a notch with Siteholder UnCut – a digital sub-label currently sold exclusively through Beatport. Featuring the edgier side of techno that initially established the roots for modern day tech house and minimal techno, expect a riskier sound from a wider range of artists (both well known and up and coming) that is bound to please both one’s aural senses as well as a packed dance floor. If Siteholder is any indication of what these Chicago natives have to offer the electronic music global community, UnCut will only serve to further establish a well rounded foundation of serious beats combined with heady intoxication.

Artist: Galuszka
Title: The Lake Effect - Part 1
Format: Digital
Cat. No.: SHUC026
Release Date: AVAILABLE ON FRIDAY, JULY 17, 2009 @ Beatport

————— Tracks ——–——

1 Amber
2 Eurothan
3 Moon Groove

Artist: Galuszka
Title: The Lake Effect - Part 2
Format: Digital
Cat. No.: SHUC027
Release Date: AVAILABLE ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 21, 2009 @ Beatport

————— Tracks ——–——

1 Catepillar
2 Hittin' Switches
3 Kap Tin Krunch

THE LAKE EFFECT
Anyone who has braved a winter in Chicago is well versed in the phenomenon commonly known as “the lake effect.”  Born, raised, and still churning out dope tracks in Chicago, Siteholder regular Galuszka has seen many winter days when the sky is clear yet snow miraculously drops on the downtown skyline, seeming to come out of nowhere from the magnificent lake that borders the east side of the city.

Perhaps this is a metaphor for Galuszka and his growing production arsenal.  In person he is often quite reserved, but don’t doubt for a moment that in the studio he won’t deliver in-your-face aggressive dance floor beats.  The Lake Effect EP is a two-part release on  UnCut that puts Galuszka in the spotlight as an artist to be watched.

Part One comes out in July and features the deeper cuts.  “Moon Groove,” “Eurothan,” and “Amber” are best described as Forcetracks meets the year 2009.  Relaxed, heady music that can also do the trick in a nightclub environment when dropped at the right moment, “The Lake Effect – Part One” displays Galuszka’s intellectual production technique.

If Part One is intended to damage your mind, Part Two is intended solely for the bass bins.  Although “Cap Tin Krunch” and “Hittin’ Switches” utilize all dynamics of a club system, they are clearly focused on the low-end frequencies.  These are two serious numbers intended to spill blood and leave no witnesses alive to tell of the carnage they just witnessed.  “Catepillar” finalizes this stellar two-part production, making Chicago’s lake effect a factor felt by electronic music lovers worldwide.
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brian Ffar »

Part 1 is now available on Beatport
Dantron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Galuszka - The Lake Effect (Part One and Two)

Post by Dantron »

Galuszka – The Lake Effect EP (SHUC026/27) FEEDBACK:

Adultnapper (Nummer / Ransom Note) – “Definitely solid, nice production!”

Andrew Grant (Barraca Music / Circoloco) – “This so rich in sound, reminds me of that thick brownie you would get at the state fair. So thick and filled with nuggets of tasty beats. 10/10, WILL CHART 100%!”

Bill Patrick (Robots NYC) – “All around solid, deep techno. ‘Moon Groove’ and ‘Amber’ will definitely get played. ‘Hittin’ Switches’ is the bomb of the package.”

Butane (Alphahouse / Crosstown Rebels) – “Nice windy city sounds, as usual.”

Daniel.fx (Highgrade / Trenton) - “Nice release. Deep, techy stuff. My favorites are ‘Moon Groove,’ ‘Catepilllar’ and ‘Amber’ here. Thanks.”

Dave Martin (Immigrant / Technique) – “Good old Siteholder HQ delivering once again...some lovely deepness here. ‘Moon Groove’ feels old school...nice. Loving ‘Amber’ as well."

DJ Emerson (freakWaves / Kiddaz.fm / Sub Static) – “Yeah I like this…hella good! Full support from Berlin…UnCut keeps making da good stuff!”

Elon (Dumb Unit / Clink) – “Smooooth…”

Eric Cloutier (The Bunker) – “Really feeling ‘Amber’ for it’s dubbed-out goodness, but the bizarre funk of ‘Kap Tin Krunch’ is equally great.”

FC Shuttle (Harry Klein) – “Part 1: Overall super-deep and good morning style…love it. My favorite is ‘Amber.’ Part 2: Pumpin’ ‘Hittin’ Switches’ - PRESS ME EVERYWHERE!”

Jeremy P. Caulfield (Dumb-Unit) – “Cool, creative and useful selection…really needed something like this…thanks!”

Nicolas Duvoisin (Musique Unique Rec. / We Are Records) – “Very deep and atmospheric tracks, I will play them all. My favorite is ‘Moon Groove’!!!”

Nikola Baytala (Kontrol / Robsoul) – “‘Moon Groove’ is the one for me.”

Paco Osuna (Mindshake / Plus8) – “Very nice tracks for summer; full support!”

Patrick Bateman (Connect Four / Tic Tac Toe) – “Well produced tracks!”

Paul Corey (209 Radio / Machinesarefunky) – “Liking both releases, Galuszka hits all the right buttons.”

Sean O’Neal a.k.a. Someone Else (Foundsound / Microcosm / Tuning Spork) – “I love these tracks. ‘Amber’ is my favorite.”

Tyler Stadius (Fabric) – “Warm, heavy goodness here - I like. ‘Hittin' Switches’ takes the cake.”

Xpansul (Discos De Lata / Plus 8 / Trapez) – “SHUC026 is the one for me, nice, deep and dubby. Will play!”
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brian Ffar »

Hey suckas...

The second part of this release goes live on Beatport tomorrow Friday, August 14
ec50
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ec50 »

dope productions!
hittin switches is makng me bounce!
"Half maximal effective concentration"

www.ecfifty.com
www.myspace.com/ec50
www.soundcloud.com/ec50
Dantron
mnml mmbr