(CURLE-P 03) Thomas Brinkmann (incl. Soulphiction RMX)

- wax
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

(CURLE-P 03) Thomas Brinkmann (incl. Soulphiction RMX)

Post by fader »

LIMITED PRESSING OF 500 COLOURED VINYLS!

A Thomas Brinkmann - Isch
http://www.newsdistribution.be/Play.asp ... &Track=A_1
B Thomas Brinkmann - Isch (Soulphiction Remisch) http://www.newsdistribution.be/Play.asp ... &Track=B_1

Some DJ feedback:
DJ Koze: ...fantastic remix! very good decision not to try to to top the original's force.. timeless!
Josh Wink: Fan of Thomas... This is a fun release for sure. Funky and techy. Thanks!
Âme: thanks for soulphiction. Frank
Marcel Dettmann: i love the thomas brinkmann release!
Troy Pierce: always loved the original, cool remix!
Laurent Garnier: sweet and lovelyyyyyy tunes Looove this Will play a lot
Joris Voorn: Soulphiction, super funky as always!!!!
Deetron: The Soulphiction Mix is freakin AMAZING - full stop! Will play this all the time.....
Len Faki: strong rhythm! love the original mix!
Ripperton: ..deepish! crazy work from Soulphiction! This is pure candy! Original and remix will growing up on me! Amazing summer soulfood, thanx! in my chart at #4! http://www.residentadvisor.net/dj-chart ... hart=14410
Philip Sherburne (The Wire, Pitchfork, Lan Muzic): Very welcome return of a classic Brinkmann track (first time on vinyl?), and the Soulphiction mix is amazing, hovering just in the balance between house, disco, techno and its own weird thing.... Love it. man, this remix is fantastic! totally hypnotic -- sucked me right in and i don't seem to be able to crawl out... lovely!
Anthony Collins (Freak n' Chic, Curle): soulphiction remix is amazingggggggg

Some reviews:
Groove magazine (Germany):
Thomas Brinkmann-Isch (inkl. Soulphiction Mix)
Nicht nur auf DJ Kozes All People Is My Friends-Compilation machte das schön verquirlte ?Isch" Furore. 2002 auf dem Album Row erschienen, gibt es den Track inklusive Soulphiction-Remix jetzt wieder auf Curle. Soulphiction alias Jackmate strickt daraus eine stimmungsvolle Nachtgeschichte mit Hang zu vernebeltem Shuffle. Und die Bassline hätte ich gerne zum Frühstück. (ML)

Pitchfork (US):
Thomas Brinkmann: "Isch" [Curle]
For anyone who missed it when it appeared on CD in 2002, on the artist's own max.Ernst label, Thomas Brinkmann's great "Isch" gets a vinyl reissue from Belgium's Curle label. I'd forgotten all about the track, but its weird, wah-wahing guitar, choppy jazz breaks and isolated vocal samples bring it all back. (You might remember it best from its central place in DJ Koze's All People Is My Friends mix.) It sounded pretty much unlike anything else when released, and it still does now, which makes the prospect of remixing it potentially disastrous. But Soulphiction steps up with an equally unusual "Remisch" driven by brushed snares, flyaway harps and vibraphone; disco-inspired walking bass anchors the wispy high-end with resolute good spirits.
(pitchfork.com/features/techno/7672-techno)

www.curle.be - http://twitter.com/curlerec
Harrison
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harrison »

like the remix lots!
PETER PANN
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PETER PANN »

just WOW :shock:
the fisherman fish fish
good_god
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by good_god »

just incredible.

...release date?
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

a super review on Resident Advisor too :D

Thomas Brinkmann - Isch
(5 out of 5)
Sometimes people we like to call mavericks make pieces of art that prove that they could do what everyone else is doing. And often it's much better. That's what "Isch" sounds like to me. In one fell swoop, Thomas Brinkmann annihilated most of the minimal techno that was going on around him in 2004 with a monster of a track that was plopped smack dab in the middle of an otherwise fine album. (DJ Koze, being the keen selector he is, picked it up for his All People Is My Friends.) Slow, funky, hypnotic, beautiful and in Koze's words "timeless," it rocks just as hard as it did five years on. Appearing here for what I believe is the first time on vinyl courtesy of the album-deep-cut-rescuing Curle Petite imprint, "Isch" is backed by a remix from another house maverick, Soulphiction. Smartly softening things, he adds a dreamy harp loop to the proceedings and cranks up the funk. Spacing things out nicely, there's now room to breathe the fresh air that Brinkmann was exhaling in this tune. Techno on one side, house on the other and all of it's pretty damn brilliant. Essential. (Terrence Fuller)
http://www.residentadvisor.net/review-view.aspx?id=6360
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

truely AMAZING. (-)
the hardest thing about this record is to choose which side is best. Anyway, it's a monster, congrats Tom.
CandyPollard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by CandyPollard »

Great weird Original and fckin great groovy Remix!