How to map filter and eq frequencies (hz) to a pot value (0

- ask away
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

How to map filter and eq frequencies (hz) to a pot value (0

Post by northernlight »

I want to create a map of filter and eq frequencies for one of my hardwaresynths. It only shows values from 0 - 127.

Now what I'm going to do is generate white noise with the synth. then use it's eq or filter with high gain to show me a spike on a spectral analyzer.

Is this method going to deliver correct results?
I don't need every value to be spot on. But i would like to see where in general the frequencies are on the 0 - 127 scale. For example 80hz is 32 (9 o'clock).
JonasEdenbrandt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JonasEdenbrandt »

If you'r spectral analyzer is correct and the whitenoize is close enough to acctual white noize I see no reason why it woul'd not work. I guess you coul'd also try using a Saw and finding it's overtones with the EQ and you'd get a bit more accurate result i guess.
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

JonasEdenbrandt wrote:If you'r spectral analyzer is correct and the whitenoize is close enough to acctual white noize I see no reason why it woul'd not work. I guess you coul'd also try using a Saw and finding it's overtones with the EQ and you'd get a bit more accurate result i guess.
I thought using white noise would be a good idea because it has the same energie over the whole frequency spectrum, or something like this, i'm not sure :lol: :oops:
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

it works :D