Good minimal or tech synthetizer

- ask away
TOFF
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Good minimal or tech synthetizer

Post by TOFF »

What is the best synthetizer to create bass, leads, plucked, efx??
I try use albino, z3ta+,korg lagency,blue rob pappen, reaktor, massive, fm8 and I'm looking for something more exiting, electrous with amazing expression!!
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

you just have to learn to use any one of those synths you mentioned above - they are suitable for all styles of music. its just what you do with them. search the net for some synthesis tutorials - starting with the basics of course. you need to learn about oscillators and filters.
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

Exactly, FM8 still surprises me after 2 years.
fragment
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by fragment »

exactly, learn how synthesis really works and you can get every sound you can imagine out of the synth-armada you mentioned
"there aren't many problems which can't be solved with a kick drum on the first beat and a snare drum on the 3rd beat, and a whole lot of sub bass in the middle"

Setup: Macbook Pro 15" 2,5 • MOTU Ultralite • Ableton Live 8 Suite • NI Maschine • UC-33e • Novation Launchpad • Novation ReMOTE 25 SL Compact •
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

yep Those synths are just fine. i use synth 1 for almost everything. Just get to know the ones you have.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

try a Roland SH-101
it sounds like you don't like software.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Good minimal or tech synthetizer

Post by hydrogen »

TOFF wrote:What is the best synthetizer to create bass, leads, plucked, efx??
I try use albino, z3ta+,korg lagency,blue rob pappen, reaktor, massive, fm8 and I'm looking for something more exiting, electrous with amazing expression!!
Sorry but this has to be a joke dude... The fm8 is fucking sick. and you can do just about anything in reaktor. Seriously, You've listed some of the sickest sounding synths right there.

I personally use the Alpha3 for all my Low End Bass. Sometimes i'll use the synth1.

More exciting? electrous!? LMAO. the hilarity is just too good dude. ok... use one of those synths you've listed and try some sidechain compression with you bass and kick. It might help it feel more electrous! :D
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
ferdy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ferdy »

those synths you've listed are all wicked.

and i agree with everyone when i say that you have to just learn to use the one's you've mentioned correctly, they should be more than enough. i just use albino for everything, and it works just fine. thinking of buying the fm8 now though, some excellent reviews.

synth1 is damn good too if you are looking for a free vst. goodluck!