Xone 22

- open
Morgy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Xone 22

Post by Morgy »

Anyone ever used one? Thoughts on it? Thinking of new mixer around this price range. Already asked here earlier in the week about the ecler nuo 2.0, which sounds good. Thanks
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i would say, if you are looking for an 2 channel mixer, you cant do anything wrong with the xone 22

but also the ecler is a good mixer

expect nothing world changing from a 350 Euro Mixer
colinz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by colinz »

how are the filters?
Harrison
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harrison »

thinking of selling my 92 and buying one of these as I could do with the cash and don't see the point in having a 92 in my apartment anymore...
need to see one/have go on one first though, any reports/reviews?
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Angel_Colinz wrote:how are the filters?
you mean filter?
it only has 1.
Todd Konix
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Todd Konix »

The Xone 22 is a great little mixer. Sounds just as good as the 92, just only two channels obviously. Love the large LED level meters on each channel and dual display mode. Some minor gripes though on the 22. You can't turn the crossfader off, so if you mix with the channel faders only (which I'm sure most of us here do) you got to keep the crossfader in the middle. I accidentally bump the crossfader occasionally. The filter sounds great, but no adjustable resonance control, only either "wild" or "mild" setting, and still get the 92's infamous popping sound when you engage the filter, so you must do the "engage on beat" trick to make it less noticeable, or I usually just leave it on at all times with HP filter turned down/left (I rarely use LP filter). There's no power on/off switch for the mixer either, just the wall wart power supply turns it on. Other than those few minor things, I think the 22 is the best non-scrathing mixer under $300 currently.
Marcus Stork
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Xone 22

Post by Marcus Stork »

Morgy wrote:Anyone ever used one? Thoughts on it? Thinking of new mixer around this price range. Already asked here earlier in the week about the ecler nuo 2.0, which sounds good. Thanks
Ecler Nuo is great, i have Nuo 3!
Harrison
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harrison »

Todd Konix wrote:The Xone 22 is a great little mixer. Sounds just as good as the 92, just only two channels obviously. Love the large LED level meters on each channel and dual display mode. Some minor gripes though on the 22. You can't turn the crossfader off, so if you mix with the channel faders only (which I'm sure most of us here do) you got to keep the crossfader in the middle. I accidentally bump the crossfader occasionally. The filter sounds great, but no adjustable resonance control, only either "wild" or "mild" setting, and still get the 92's infamous popping sound when you engage the filter, so you must do the "engage on beat" trick to make it less noticeable, or I usually just leave it on at all times with HP filter turned down/left (I rarely use LP filter). There's no power on/off switch for the mixer either, just the wall wart power supply turns it on. Other than those few minor things, I think the 22 is the best non-scrathing mixer under $300 currently.
thanks for the insight, only thing that looks like annoying me is the crossfader! might be worth the compromise though!