Final Scratch&Tractor into Ableton?

- ask away
dufer
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dufer »

sneaky you need to let us know how many ins/outs and if you're desktop or laptop...its possible [depending on ins/outs] to route tracktor outs into 2 separate channels on your comp into ableton/cubase whatever..then back out through 2 separate outs on card into 2 ins on mixer, then for midi sync....there are a few progs availible....the best and most reliable ive found is probably loopbe1[ http://www.nerds.de/en/loopbe1.html ] which acts like an internal 'midi cable' to sync the clock on 2 progs together,.....ive been using it for a while and it'll do the job [untill i can afford the 3D]....still need to nudge about with decks a little, but no more than you would have to anyways.....this is only an option if you're in a position to have mutliple in/out as ableton isnt compatible with multiple soundcards...
"Are we like, major or minor anyway?"
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

Thanks dufer, good info!
clairo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by clairo »

Sneaky wrote:The basic idea was to use ableton as a real time fx machine for live mixes, thats the why I would want to :P, and yes I realize I can deejay with ableton but I still like having the vinyl feel with final scratch.
If u want use vinyls and a laptop with ableton or whatever u want that uses midi time u can use a quantizator.
It trasforms the bpm signal in midi time signal (midi sync).
U connect the output of the mixer in it's input, it calculates the bpm (+/- 0,1 bpm) and sends the sinc to the laptop via midi by its output.