mp3 player help

- open
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

mp3 player help

Post by chrisdisco »

was hoping for some advice/suggestions from those that know... my old mp3 player was an iriver 40gb HD and totally awesome. but it is done. i have been using my phone, which is alright but only 8gb. i need much more than that...

so i am after advice on what are the best mp3 players out there. i'd get another iriver, but it looks like they no longer make the kind of product i am after. basically there are 3 requirements:

- not mac. no point getting into it, but i dont want an ipod, i dont like mac or itunes. even if ipods are the best out there (which i highly doubt) i dont want one!

- i am after something with preferably 60 or 80gb of space or higher.

- good battery life is important.

any advice, suggestions or warnings would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

chris
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

read the entire post patrick ;)
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

S.D.L wrote:read the entire post patrick ;)
I couldn't resist.. .actually I know nothing about it, have no mp3 player at all...
S.D.L
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S.D.L »

patrick bateman wrote:
S.D.L wrote:read the entire post patrick ;)
I couldn't resist.. .actually I know nothing about it, have no mp3 player at all...
Me neither, but an Ipod is probably the only way the go..

So discochris, what he said!
Krul
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Krul »

as far as 120gb players go I think you're stuck with either the ipod or the zune. archon makes media players with that capacity as well, but they're very expensive and honestly I have no idea about the quality.
cloutier wrote:
minimalwyte wrote:When does Digweed come in?
he comes in around 1994 and leaves around 2002.
tettezak
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tettezak »

Just out of curiousity: why do people need that much space on an mp3 player? Just because you don't need to swap files regularly or...?
Krul
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Krul »

tettezak wrote:Just out of curiousity: why do people need that much space on an mp3 player? Just because you don't need to swap files regularly or...?
that + 120gb is filled pretty fast actually if you put a couple of 4h sets or movies on it.

I don't buy any mp3 players anymore, first ipod was stolen, lost the 2nd one, 3rd one got smashed when some idiot fell on my backpack. (and I listen to enough music as it is :P )
cloutier wrote:
minimalwyte wrote:When does Digweed come in?
he comes in around 1994 and leaves around 2002.