Hallo

don't be shy. introduce yourself!
mathieu
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Hallo

Post by mathieu »

Hi everybody, I am Mathieu from Paris, I'm 24 and currently living in Leiden (since 3 months and for 9 more months at least).
I've got a classical music background, studied musical theory from 6 to 17, play the cello and the piano, and played in various symphonic ochestras and jazz bands. Thus I've got very wide musical tastes but after moving to Paris in 1997 I literally fell in love with electronic music and started djing, and in 2000 a few friends and I started organizing our own parties.
I also started doing live performances (with laptop, sampler, various devices) in these parties a few years ago. Since then I've progressively
been more and more addicted to the experimental/minimal/clickhouse and dubby/funky house/techno streams...
I moved to Holland (Leiden) 3 months ago for work and I almost right away got in touch with Paul and Eric who run the show Next Groove on Holland Centraal, the radio of Leiden.
They gave me the opportunity to do a 2-hour set in Next Groove, and I should do another 1-hour set on September 10th. I must say I couldn't have wished for a warmer welcome here !
I'm very happy to see that there is a lively "minimal community" in holland as well, and hope to become a regular member of it...
Cheers,

Mat
Ben
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ben »

hey,

maybe you can post one of your sets overhere?

btw how's that song again?

Il est cinq heures
Paris s'éveille
Les travestis vont se raser
Les stripteaseuses sont rhabillées
Les traversins sont écrasés
Les amoureux sont fatigués

Il est cinq heures
Paris s'éveille
:lol:
http://www.polarise.be
-Projecting A New Vision-
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

Hee Mathieu!

Like I said; Bienvenue en mnml!
Sunbeam
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Sunbeam »

welcome and njoy!
Leander_Techno
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Leander_Techno »

Welcome!

What software (ableton live?) do you use for your liveact and what other devices?
Creative use of technology is a form of Art
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

Hey Mat, welcome over here! It's always good to see new people who want to actually be part of the mnml community, rather than just registering so they can download from the site. Hope to see you around mate.
Kulushaker
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Kulushaker »

welcome
mathieu
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mathieu »

Thanks to everyone for this warm welcome...
To Ben : nice to see a Technasia logo on the left side :) I will post a mix as soon as possible (and there is a Technasia track in it, I'll let you guess which one)
To Leander_Techno : I use Live but also Reason - with which you can do some live with a few tricks ! I also have a Yamaha RM1X and a Control Freak (it's just a set of MIDI knobs that you assign to any parameter in your software, but very nicely done).
To -ix : thanks :) see you soon I hope !