- ask away
MassMiguello
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Novation ReMOTE SL 25 vs. Novation ReMOTE SL 25 MK2

Post by MassMiguello »

http://www.novationmusic.com/products/m ... /remote_sl
http://www.novationmusic.com/products/m ... er/sl_mkii

So... which one is better? The price of both is near the same, I only consider of the sl mk2 does not have dual screen but has touch sensitive knobs...

What would You guys say ?
fragment
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by fragment »

definately the new MK2...

I think the led´s around the rotarys are priceless...two displays are nice, but one does the job perfectly - i still love my ReMote SL Compact even though it only has one display...

I would go for the new one, except you get a real good price for a SL 25
"there aren't many problems which can't be solved with a kick drum on the first beat and a snare drum on the 3rd beat, and a whole lot of sub bass in the middle"

Setup: Macbook Pro 15" 2,5 • MOTU Ultralite • Ableton Live 8 Suite • NI Maschine • UC-33e • Novation Launchpad • Novation ReMOTE 25 SL Compact •
MassMiguello
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by MassMiguello »

thanks a lot mate :) I think I am going to choose the new mark 2. cheers!
recombinant
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by recombinant »

@fragment (and any other ReMote users/owners): out of curiosity... how automatic or intelligent is the automapping functionality of the ReMote? I currently use Live and Reason and was just wondering how much it would help with either or both of those applications. How has your experience been with it?
:: recombinant | sf bay area, ca, usa
:: http://www.recombinantstudios.com/dj/mixes.html
Audio Dependent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Audio Dependent »

recombinant wrote:@fragment (and any other ReMote users/owners): out of curiosity... how automatic or intelligent is the automapping functionality of the ReMote? I currently use Live and Reason and was just wondering how much it would help with either or both of those applications. How has your experience been with it?
its great for reason - just select any device in your rack and all its controls get mapped with labels. not used the automap so much for live...

i have to old sl remote zero and had it for some time and my endless encoders are pretty much dead. it has seen quite a few gigs and usage, but if they have updated the quality of those in the new one, i'd go for that.
recombinant
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by recombinant »

sounds great! thanks!
:: recombinant | sf bay area, ca, usa
:: http://www.recombinantstudios.com/dj/mixes.html
fragment
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by fragment »

autopmap is allright... especially since 3.0 its working really well - i use "Automap Universal" mode for my vst´s... and the "Live Automap" template for native Ableton plugins...

The Remotes are very nice controllers, even though i heard from several people that they had trouble with theirs and had to replace them after a while, because something broke (the rotarys died, as far as i remeber)... i didnt have any problems with mine so far *knockonwood*
"there aren't many problems which can't be solved with a kick drum on the first beat and a snare drum on the 3rd beat, and a whole lot of sub bass in the middle"

Setup: Macbook Pro 15" 2,5 • MOTU Ultralite • Ableton Live 8 Suite • NI Maschine • UC-33e • Novation Launchpad • Novation ReMOTE 25 SL Compact •