Fonque
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Fonque »

“People have become so arrogant, you can’t tell them sh!t,”

...talkin bout himself?
"What is underground? Dig a fucking hole and stick your head in it."

http://www.myspace.com/mrfonk

"yeah, vinyl is real! all these cd's and downloads are bullshit, they aint real."
Leighton Ashcroft
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

I don't actually own any Omar S records. Not because of the interviews or anything and it's not that I particularly don't like him but I just never felt his sound.

What does everyone else think, is his music any good?
DirkD
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DirkD »

Not really felt most of his productions either, I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Fair play to the man for doing what he wants in his own way and getting recognition for it. If people dig it that's cool too but its not for me.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Del wrote:I don't actually own any Omar S records. Not because of the interviews or anything and it's not that I particularly don't like him but I just never felt his sound.

What does everyone else think, is his music any good?
His music is a breath of fresh air when 99% of artist try and make 100 different versions of the same tune. he's probably one of the more diverse producers in house and techno over the last few years. He also helps out on Theo Parrish's stuff, which i'm loving at the moment.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

yeah i think his music is amazing. definitly worth a few listens. not maybe the best produced stuff on the planet but some very unique records.
pizzamon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pizzamon »

yeah, he is pretty good, but that's Detroit. He's a player, and he's playing you. Don't believe half the sh!t that comes out his mouth, he is just having fun. As long as you keep buying, he'll keep playing. Some like playing the game.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

pizzamon wrote:yeah, he is pretty good, but that's Detroit. He's a player, and he's playing you. Don't believe half the sht that comes out his mouth, he is just having fun. As long as you keep buying, he'll keep playing. Some like playing the game.
^^ that comment is complete nonsense..

congrats..

his music is either hit or miss - but I also agree its unique. he definitely doesn't produce the (in between / in the middle) type of music. at least if you dont like it you dont like it. ... I'm still digging to hear more of the stuff that I do enjoy from him..

and the festival is very political. I can relate on countless levels about his attitude towards the festival. NOT to mention they are having prodigy this year which in my mind makes it official I just may not attend at all. that would be the 1st year ever missing it. after 9 years of (going ever single year) I think for me at least it's really taken it's course..
Last edited by John Clees on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.