Percussion Loops

- ask away
Alphajuno
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Percussion Loops

Post by Alphajuno »

Where is everybody getting live percussion loops from?
There all over house music, but well I can never find anything decent.
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

I know what your saying, theyre hard to find
makes me wonder though, maybe theres too much of it.
Mixes ive heard with nothing but congas/bongos etc are gettin borin as fck
NoAffiliation
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NoAffiliation »

they probably get the stuff directly from wherever it was recorded. most studios that use session musicians have a massive catalog of loops and recordings from all various musicians that come through. im know alot of producers who do commercial engineer work to make a living so they have access to all that material that you couldnt get anywhere else...

also, im sure some of these guys maybe play the instruments themselves and record it, like congo bongo loops ;)
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Percussion Loops

Post by ::BLM:: »

Alphajuno wrote:Where is everybody getting live percussion loops from?
There all over house music, but well I can never find anything decent.
Which artists do you like that are using said loops?
laza
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by laza »

there a few good african/brazilian/etc. rex packs full with that kind of loops, just google it or look at best service...
anyway i think its much better to programm them by yourself, for having a cong/bong loop which sounds like it was made for the track (since it was...) and not like a loop running over the track....
D4RKFORCE
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by D4RKFORCE »

laza wrote:there a few good african/brazilian/etc. rex packs full with that kind of loops, just google it or look at best service...
anyway i think its much better to programm them by yourself, for having a cong/bong loop which sounds like it was made for the track (since it was...) and not like a loop running over the track....
+1 :o
Alphajuno
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Alphajuno »

laza wrote:there a few good african/brazilian/etc. rex packs full with that kind of loops, just google it or look at best service...
I have tried programming stuff before and its you cant get remotely close to a realistic sound.

Theres simply too many variables involved with a live sound.

It can sound good, just not realistic.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Alphajuno wrote:
I have tried programming stuff before and its you cant get remotely close to a realistic sound.

There's simply too many variables involved with a live sound.

It can sound good, just not realistic.
I have made prog house before and that's a genre that uses a lot of perc stuff like we are talking about, I have never been overly concerned with how authentic the percussion part was once it's in a mix. I guess if you want to be really authentic, chopping and re-sequencing is the way to go. Like live drums, you'd need a fair few samples to make it sound realistic. You can stretch a single sample and alter a few things but you'll never capture the different nuances from the skin that way.

My advice would be to get a sample cd and work with that.