final skratch and 3 - 4 decks ?

- ask away
Jesse_mtl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

final skratch and 3 - 4 decks ?

Post by Jesse_mtl »

is it possible to use 1 final scratch amp, for 3decks or more ? or would u have to have 2 separate laptops, and 2 different amps? maybe traktor 3 supports this? altho the native instruments web site only specifies that 4 decks will be supported, and final scratch is implemented... but never says how u can control more than 2 decks with time code vynil...
anybody know about this ?
[/u]
wire(ed)
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by wire(ed) »

well you're going to be limited by the number of inputs that your final scratch amp has on it... it can only recieve time code from x number of sources (2 with the current amps) i don't know if you can do some kind of system link with two amps or not to be able to use only one laptop,

with my current understanding of the technology, only 2 decks per amp/ laptop is feasible, thus in order to do 3 or 4 decks, you'd have to have a second laptop and a second final scratch system
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

Yeah, it's only possible to use two. The next version of Traktor will have 4 decks, but I'm not quite sure how they'll work with FS.
Jesse_mtl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jesse_mtl »

cool thanx. brian seems ur always ontop of things ;)
like my technical questions, u always give a quick clear response. its much appreciated!

teach me everythin u know about audio software and hardware!
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

Jesse_mtl wrote:cool thanx. brian seems ur always ontop of things ;)
like my technical questions, u always give a quick clear response. its much appreciated!
Haha, well, I don't know all that much, but I do what I can...