- wax
tolfrey
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[Leftroom016] - J-Mode - The Trouble with Lee Curtiss Remix

Post by tolfrey »

Out now on www.juno.co.uk and www.phonicarecords.com

Digital is out 19/02/09

Jamie Jones is an artist that needs no introduction, but we are going to give him one anyway. In a relatively short space of time he has forged himself as one of the leaders in cutting edge electronic music as both an in demand DJ and original producer. With a catalogue of successful tracks on the worlds finest labels such as Freak n Chic, Crosstown Rebels and Get Physical we are more that happy to welcome him to the Leftroom family under his new alias J Mode.

THE TROUBLE

It seems that Jamie has done it again with another cleverly chosen vocal sample to lead a monster of a track. It begins with a male voice announcing ‘it’s what’s out there that troubles me’ before a stripped down onslaught of drums, crisp stabs and powerful snare rolls. The energy is kept at a maximum as the audience rollercoaster weaves and rolls with its own originality and identity but still is undoubtedly a Jamie Jones production.

(JAIME) LEE CURTISS REMIX

At this point we should reveal that this is actually the first ever Jamie Jones production to be remixed by another artist. On hearing the track we initially felt that there was only one man for the job, and luckily Jamie’s respect for Curtiss’s work gave the green light for this awesome remix to be done. Lee Curtiss is himself another rising talent for innovative electronic music with past releases on Wolf & Lamb and Dumb Unit but one thing Curtiss has over most is that he has the funk. The track has been transformed into a low slung groover that still maintains the essence and identity of the original and we are sure you’ll agree as much as all involved that both tracks compliment each other perfectly.

Some DJ feedback:-

Dubfire – “Playing the original.”

Nic Fanciulli – “The original is rocking it for me.”

Seuil – (Moon Harbour) – “Totally in love with Lee’s remix, have it since a while, and it burned out our summer in Ibiza… bomb!”

Kabale und Liebe – (Remote Area) – “Very cool Lee Curtis remix!”

Sasha – “This is great!”

Lee Burridge – “I love Jamie’s sound. Haunted House to the max!”

Carl Cox – “Oh yes. Really into this, definitely one of the DJ’s and producers of 2008.”

Luciano – “Great Lee Curtis mix.”

Laurent Garnier – “Lee’s mix is a nice deepness, will play in the mix.”

Paco Osuna – “Lee Curtis is a very nice remix. Cool, groove and deep atmosphere, I like a lot.”

Simon Baker – “Been rattling jamies mix for ages now, so yeah. i like it. Curtis mix sounds really nice too... good release.”

Konrad Black – “Great track! Bomb remix!”

Kiki – “Way to go jamie! love the groove and that old skool stab! yeah, will definitely be playing this for a while... and the remix is ace too!”

2000 and One – “Very solid Curtis remix. Full support.”

Chris Liebing – “Cool stuff. Good ol hits…”

Joris Voorn – “Love the Curtiss remix!”

Anja Schneider – “Like very much the Lee Curtis mix. Will play.”

Philipp Jung – (M.A.N.D.Y.) – I like the original version. Nice drum programming.”

Sebbo – “Depp and dirty remix, this is it!”

Ivan Smagghe – “Good track from talented boys all round, original rocks!”

Orde Meikle – (Slam) – “Will play.”

Ewan Pearson – “Love Jamie’s stuff. Original and Curtis mix both really good.”

Danny Tenaglia – “Nice! Remix.”
topperanza
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by topperanza »

lee's mix is on the money as usual!
(*)
...the last thing i remember is...

https://soundcloud.com/topper
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

lee is on fire - love this rmx !,

also check his upcoming spectral and get physical ...
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

Lee's remix is NASTY.. :!:
tolfrey
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tolfrey »

Lee has three cuts coming on CityFox from Zurich also which are killer!!!
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

Yep, one of them i know and it will tear it apart.. heard it by those cityfox guys around Zurich last summer.. lookin forward to gettin my mits on those bad bwoyzzzz..
bipedal103
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bipedal103 »

lee is awesome.
i missed the italoboyz remix .. anyone selling it?
tolfrey
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tolfrey »

Surely it is on beatport...