I like my music DARK

don't be shy. introduce yourself!
HEFTY
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

I like my music DARK

Post by HEFTY »

howdy all, im new. ive joined the forums to get in touch with like minded people who dig music, to learn production techniques and collaborate with others to possibly produce something new and exciting, to learn about minimal as a genre and to promote myself as a dj and producer of darker sounds. Im always happy to give feedback on productions/mixes as i believe that its hard to be subjective about your own music so its helpful for someone else to give it a listen and give constructive criticism, its also always interesting for me to see what others are producing.

I am a dj/fan/producer and purveyor of dark sounds. I was introduced to the world of the london underground party scene in 2002 and was drawn in and never left. My musical style is inspired by the dark underground sounds that made me realise there was a whole new world of music out there. I play/produce all kindsa dark moody spooky eerie hypnotic stuff from chundering bass heavy minimal tek to dwntempo trippy dubstep. I found it hard to consistently find dark material, so i make my own, tracks on http://www.myspace.com/heftyproductions

Djwise I play all kinds of dark spooky music, no happy stuff. My genre of choice is druggy bass driven dark minimal house (no poppy sparse quirky sh!t), but i dont limit myself to one genre, anything dark n bass heavy gets my vote. I do my very best to try and stand out from the crowd and find unknown and underplayed tracks. Mixes from dubstep and reggae to evil electro and robotechno are available from my website http://www.musicv2.com/artist/hefty My 1st minimal mix which i did a while back is called Microphobia. i shall b uploading a new demo v soon.

so yeah im looking for musical banter and other fans of the dark side and anyone up for making some dark tunes, i use Reason 4.0

minidine
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minidine »

Welcome on board :D
I also like dark when it is done properly, not only flat but nicely forward...or how you called it...hypnotic is the right word :))

If it's not hypnotic and well done, then it sounds like someone has lost somehow ;)
HEFTY
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by HEFTY »

yeah dark druggy bassy hypnotic minimal is what i like

any other fans of the darkside?
HEFTY
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by HEFTY »

so.......just me then...............