do you live your life in minimalistic way?

- open
hernangrau
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

do you live your life in minimalistic way?

Post by hernangrau »

i mean, do you see a connection in the music with the way of thinking-living the everyday life?

i'm posting this, because i generally make my thouhgs and reactions as simple as possible, however in the way i live (besides decoration :oops: ) i can't make the connection
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

hell naw. I hate minimalistic furnishing for instance. Actually I don't think (at least my taste in) minimal is very minimal, it's rather 'complex', and in life I do appreciate complexity. Complex people, complex movies, complex about size etc
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

I do try to keep a minimal lifestyle; I sit in front of the TV all day and try not to move if I don't have to. If I have to talk, I keep it to one word responses. I breathe as shallowly as possible without passing out. It's all for the music, really.
wikey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by wikey »

miroslav wrote:I do try to keep a minimal lifestyle; I sit in front of the TV all day and try not to move if I don't have to. If I have to talk, I keep it to one word responses. I breathe as shallowly as possible without passing out. It's all for the music, really.
:lol:
anti
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by anti »

miroslav wrote:I do try to keep a minimal lifestyle; I sit in front of the TV all day and try not to move if I don't have to. If I have to talk, I keep it to one word responses. I breathe as shallowly as possible without passing out. It's all for the music, really.
:lol: :lol:
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

Hrmm, perhaps in some ways.

I work as a computer programmer, and often the best solutions are the most simple/elegant solutions. Over-design is usually the result of poor thought and planning, and leads to difficult to maintain systems in the long run.

I try to avoid tossing new technologies at things for the sake of bells and whistles and gee-whiz factor, but rather take an approach of simplicity and maintainability.

I find some enjoyment in re factoring other peoples code, taking monstrous chunks of stuff that are doing things in rather 'complex' ways, then simplifying them down to well designed reusable sections that are easy to read/maintain/follow.

My living space is pretty bare bones, however I do wish it was a bit 'warmer' - but, I grew up in a house that was always cluttered. Going home to visit my parents I feel claustrophobic after awhile - so much "stuff" and knick-knacks all over, so much stuff (some of it is really nice), that it all just blends into a big visual noise of mess. However, perhaps I've taken too far of the opposite approach, as my living space is currently devoid of any personality save 1 or 2 things. I'd rather have a few elements well placed / well displayed and easy to appreciate.

But, this inst a conscious effort to live a 'minimal' life style. More a matter of what works best at work and going in an opposite direction of what I was raised in :)
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

well Im a conservative republican who lives WELL below my means.

So yes I live minimal. And thank god I have those principles because I am safe and sound during this recession because of it while all my idiot friends are in big trouble.
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

I have minimal wage!