[BE] 19/10 1Y Minor Moves w. Pheek live (Decadance, Ghent)

any
seba
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[BE] 19/10 1Y Minor Moves w. Pheek live (Decadance, Ghent)

Post by seba »

Minor Moves started off in October 2004 as one of the first minimal techno and clickhouse concepts in Belgium. During the first Minor Moves season international artists like Aron Friedman (NL), Gabriël Ananda (GER), Lauhaus (NL), Magda (CAN/POL), Miss Yetti (GER), Stewart Walker (USA) and Veiga (Australia) starred the decks in Decadance.

Now for the second season Minor Moves will be organised monthly on Wednesdays.
The basic ingredients will remain the same: with an everlasting aim towards quality we’ll offer you the best artists you can find in the world-wide minimal scene. Each edition our residents (Harm Rhebergen (NL), Roebin De Freitas & Seba Lecompte) will back up one or more international headliner(s).

The next edition, Wednesday 19th October 2005 we will be celebrating our first anniversary.

Minor Moves meets Archipel with:

PHEEK live (CANADA - minus, archipel, epsilonlab)
MATEO MURPHY (CANADA - turbo, default, archipel) >cancelled<
Roebin De Freitas (BE - polarise, minor moves)
Seba Lecompte (BE - eukatech, soundattack, minor moves)

Due to private reasons Mateo Murphy cancelled his European tour in October. Mateo is very sorry about this, but he promised us to come back in 2006.

Doors: 22h

www.pheek.com / www.mateomurphy.com / www.decadance.be / www.soundattack.be / www.polarise.be

Bio Mateo Murphy:

Mateo found his calling at the age of 14, when, looking for an album by a favourite artist, he stumbled onto the 12" section of his local record store. Intrigued by the concept of the remix, he started buying 12"s by his favourite pop artists, gradually moving towards the more underground house sounds coming out of Detroit and Chicago.

Once in college, however, he discovered Montreal's fledgling rave scene, and the harder European sounds that drove it: dropping out of school shortly after, he devoted himself to deejaying full time. After just a few months of intense practice, he got his professional rave debut in 1994, and quickly grew a strong following in Montreal and the surrounding area. Combining the funky rhythms and soul of house music with the hypnotic repetition and intensity of techno, he developed a unique sound that manages to appeal to fans of both. His skill at working a crowd, combined with his impeccable programming and seamlessly mixing, makes his sets irresistible to dance to and has made him one of the most respected DJs in the city. He has held residencies at 5 different clubs in the city and has made countless guest appearances headlining in clubs and raves around the world.

Pushed by the desire to broaden his horizons, he decided that producing his own music was the next step. Fuelled by the local success of his early productions, he decided in 1998 to invest himself fully as a recording artist, cutting down on his hectic deejaying schedule to build up his own studio and produce seriously, developing his sound. The fruits of this labour quickly came to light: after releasing records on all the prominent Montreal-based techno record labels, he has since released records on such international renowned labels as Underwater and Tronic Music, which have found themselves in the charts of some of the biggest DJs in the world, including Paul Oakenfold, Carl Cox, Derrick May, DJ Dan, Josh Wink, and Adam Beyer.

Bio Pheek:

JP became interested in acid house in the late ’80s and raves in early ’90s, inspiring him to DJ his own radio shows in Sherbrooke, Québec. From his college years to university, he played techno, house and anything exciting to people whose ears weren’t as close to the ground.

Upon moving to Montreal in 1997 to study computer science, JP met Mateo Murphy and found they shared similar musical interests. After performing a show with Gez Varley, Mateo and JP decided to work on a live concept of their own, based on improvising beats on the fly and mixing in other synthesized sonic textures.

It was at this point that JP adopted the name of Pheek after a Richie Hawtin/Plastikman performance at Medialounge, a show that would forever change his perspective on music.

After further honing their live show together, Pheek and Mateo opened for Chain Reaction at the FCMM in 1999. They were spotted by Hautec and offered to release a 12", marking a turning point in their fledgling careers.

The few years that followed saw proposed releases on Hybrid Structure and collaborations with Mitchell Akiyama on various projects – a creative period that proved a catalyst for JP’s later success.

The next pivotal point in Pheek’s career was meeting Éloi Brunelle and subsequently being invited to join to the Epsilonlab media collective. JP played with them since the very first night of their existence and for almost every show to follow. His first release for Epsilonlab, 2002’s Paysages Matriciels, was a critical success and was nominated for Quebec’s prestigious ADISQ music awards.

Another milestone was the label Minus who noticed Pheek's demo and Richie Hawtin who started playing his music along with Magda. That kind of feedback from major DJ made him move forward in his production. Then he got in contact with labels such as Contexterrior and Telegraph with who he released some material.
Recently Richie Hawtin released a song of Pheek on the very popular Minus compilation Minimize to Maximize
Last edited by seba on Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

Nice one Ben...

Didn't know Mateo Murphy is into minimal these days.. :D

Hopefully I can make it for the next edition... 8)
*I support southern fruits*
roebin de freitas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by roebin de freitas »

he's got some great proggy minimalistic material, very deep and atmospheric. and Pheek will make things crunchy, I reckon.
Will be a great party !!!
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Harm Rhebergen wrote:Nice one Ben...

Mateo is the one that got me into minimal. He was into it in the mid-90's but for him, it was easier to find gigs in other genre, mainly such as hard techno. He played the last Archipel party and seriously, his skills are more than impressive! :!:
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

pheek wrote:
Harm Rhebergen wrote:Nice one Ben...

Mateo is the one that got me into minimal. He was into it in the mid-90's but for him, it was easier to find gigs in other genre, mainly such as hard techno. He played the last Archipel party and seriously, his skills are more than impressive! :!:
Too bad I can't make it this time... I'll see you in Amsterdam three days later Pheek.. :wink:
*I support southern fruits*
Vallemieke
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Vallemieke »

Present!!!! :shock: :D
Music fills my heart with joy.

http://www.last.fm/user/Valderhopsasa
kh4n
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kh4n »