mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

I love Boomkat ! (:
nierika
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nierika »

www.kompakt-mp3.net, toast, now a Beatport affiliate site. Sad.
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

I'll never understand the fuss. What's so bad about having one huge digital shop with all the new releases, from all the labels?

Do people really wanna sign up with 30 different independent sites just to support "the little guy?" All those different registrations and credit card signups? All those accounts to keep track of? I mean, Beatport is still a "little guy" in the larger picture. They're no where close to iTunes or Amazon or any of those other mega-digital music stores in terms of revenue.

I personally can't wait for the day when everything electronic music related—past or present—is on Beatport. Certain artists are starting to get smart with their back catalogs, and I hope to see much more of that in the future. There's a huge market for properly re-mastered digital classics from the 80s/90s (DBX, Chicago House, etc.).

Gone are the days of digging through record crates hoping you'd find the final copy of the latest "bomb track." Face it; being a DJ in 2009 actually requires talent. Creating interesting mixes takes precedence over the latest tunes if you wanna keep the crowd moving.
nierika
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nierika »

JackNine wrote:Face it; being a DJ in 2009 actually requires talent. Creating interesting mixes takes precedence over the latest tunes if you wanna keep the crowd moving.
Coming from someone who is apparently a fan of Beatport, I find this statement to be hilariously ironic.
dyte
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dyte »

JackNine wrote:Face it; being a DJ in 2009 actually requires talent. Creating interesting mixes takes precedence over the latest tunes if you wanna keep the crowd moving.
maybe i've missed something but as far as i'm aware this isn't something that is exclusive to 2009?
Last edited by dyte on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

sh!t...no one told me that 2009 was the year when talent would suddenly be required!!! :shock:

Guess I'd better hang up the headphones now :lol:
Last edited by miroslav on Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JNX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JNX »

^ :lol: :lol: :lol:
brownlow
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by brownlow »

nierika wrote:www.kompakt-mp3.net, toast, now a Beatport affiliate site. Sad.
sad indeed if this is true, but one thing I can't stand about the new kompakt website is that all the release news capitalises every single word!!! ARRGHHH! ...eats, shoots, and leaves.

example: http://www.kompakt.fm/releases/paradigm ... m_the_deep