lcvl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Free samples for remixing dubby release-"Null" EP

Post by lcvl »

Hi

You can find the new "Null" EP here:
http://leocavallo.bandcamp.mu

Three new dubby tracks for the cold winter, written and produced during the last few windy nights in Barcelona...

I apologize in advance...
- for the omnipresent hiss;
- for the abuse of filters, delays, reverbs, and various other analog and digital processing;
- for using most of my gear inappropriately (including my beloved Machinedrum);
- for the extreme low frequencies;
- for the overindulgence in jamming...

In exchange for your patience ;) I'm offering some free samples, the remix elements of Null 01, freely downloadable at full quality.

Use the material as you prefer but if you come up with a nice remix, please, drop me a line here: --- leocavallo at groundloops.com ---

The rest of the tracks can be downloaded for free at 128k MP3 quality or purchased for 1$ each.

Thanks for your support! :)
Leo

P.S. I'll exclusively use your email address to inform you about the availability of new releases/sample packs.
Dubby music & free samples http://leocavallo.bandcamp.com
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

I'll be on that , thanks - a good tonic to dust off the post New year production hiatus :)

I haven't heard it yet, but I like the description :)
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

Cant download.. I have the instruction in my email but they dont work...

Some proper link plz?
lcvl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lcvl »

sorry to hear that...
it does work here and for most of the people who have already downloaded the material...
dubgil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil »

I don't want to feel like I'm stealing
how can I learn how to make those dubby stab sounds myself.
I've read tons of threads, it is why I joined mnml.nl
but I struggle so much. I've worked was saw waves, short attack, long delay etc FILTER FILTER FILTER, argh!!!!

I may have to sample you, but if you would be so kind to provide a few pointers, I love to know I'm refering to the type of stabs that are heard beginning at 2mins (forward) in the link you provided
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

dubgil wrote:I don't want to feel like I'm stealing
how can I learn how to make those dubby stab sounds myself.
I've read tons of threads, it is why I joined mnml.nl
but I struggle so much. I've worked was saw waves, short attack, long delay etc FILTER FILTER FILTER, argh!!!!

I may have to sample you, but if you would be so kind to provide a few pointers, I love to know I'm refering to the type of stabs that are heard beginning at 2mins (forward) in the link you provided

I cant hear his, but I would use a detuned sine wav, infact I would use a couple, a white noise generator and a lp filter, toss an lfo on the lp and fiddle with the rate

then after that toss on the verb and delay or whatever else you want.

the rest is up to you.
lcvl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lcvl »

Dubgil, which track are you exactly talking about?

I think that there's no real secret to producing those dubby stabs/chords.

Anything goes, really.

I usually come up with a nice chord on one of my synths, maybe I'd record a few different variations (tone, note lenght, applied fx, etc.) and then I'd sequence the different hits on my DAW timeline.

Or I might record a whole live jam on the MPC, straigth to 8 channels on the mixer. That's how Null 02 and Null 03 were created. Just MPC jams.

Try adding some automation to your delays, reverbs and filters as well. I also love using modulation FX like phaser, flanger and chorus, helping creating some extra tonal movement as well.

Bu again, anything goes. The sound in itself really doesn't matter, it's your attitude and what you do with the sample that really is important.

Stop double guessing yourself, stop thinking about all the rules forums are pervaded with, just pick a couple of simple organ samples and write a tune.
dubgil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil »

lcvl wrote:Dubgil, which track are you exactly talking about?

I think that there's no real secret to producing those dubby stabs/chords.

Anything goes, really.

I usually come up with a nice chord on one of my synths, maybe I'd record a few different variations (tone, note lenght, applied fx, etc.) and then I'd sequence the different hits on my DAW timeline.

Or I might record a whole live jam on the MPC, straigth to 8 channels on the mixer. That's how Null 02 and Null 03 were created. Just MPC jams.

Try adding some automation to your delays, reverbs and filters as well. I also love using modulation FX like phaser, flanger and chorus, helping creating some extra tonal movement as well.

Bu again, anything goes. The sound in itself really doesn't matter, it's your attitude and what you do with the sample that really is important.

Stop double guessing yourself, stop thinking about all the rules forums are pervaded with, just pick a couple of simple organ samples and write a tune.
Thank you for the encouragement. I know that once I achieve the sound that my mind is trying translate through the speakers, it will take an army to get me out of my "studio"

I was referencing the "4th" track - the one that's about 8mins in length that has each sample / loops previewed.