In live with ableton

- ask away
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

In live with ableton

Post by ewinz »

Hi guys,

Ive a question. People who do live with ableton, control track by track (and add phazer, beat repeat, flanger, other efx...) or they controll the track "drum + bass + efx,etc..." And how to make a good transition of track 1 and 2? thanks for your answer and sorry for my noob question...
NoAffiliation
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NoAffiliation »

there are infinite ways to control a set, just find what feels most natural for you. some people use full tracks and use efx while others break it down into loops and improvise. some people probably do both at the same time

for a smooth transition dont try mixing ultra busy parts of the loops together. wait until your outgoing track breaks down into a more simple rhythm and then bring the next one in, it may sound tighter. another thing i like to do is build some tension in the outgoing track with whatever efx and then drop just the new kick and bassline after it breaks. it usually sounds smooth and gives some nice drama. also makes for an easy transition into the next piece. i think this part is where having experience as a DJ may come in handy
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ewinz »

thanks a lot for your answer, I will work :)