Marcel Dettmann - Bodytonic Podcast 024 (11 Nov 08)

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

stinger
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Marcel Dettmann - Bodytonic Podcast 024 (11 Nov 08)

Post by stinger »

http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/audio/mix ... ttmann.mp3

Size : 79MB
Length : 59mins

Marcel Dettmann and Berghain nightclub go together like Jodie Marsh and China Whites but any other comparisons between the two would be stretching things to an unbelievable level. Marcel lives in the Berlin neigbourhood of Friedrichshain, about a ten minute cycle from the club many consider to be the best in the world. Those of you who’ve had to queue outside for an hour and a half only to be turned away while the some soap-dodger in a tracksuit gets in might have a different opinion. But with Tresor apparently off the boil, it seems that the only place for techno to move forward is Berghain. Marcel is an old school East German who was just hitting his teens when techno was in its infancy. Marcel recorded the second Bergain compilation this year. Resident Advisor described it as a “defining moment when techno got out of that locked groove.”. This week he brings us a podcast, and a few answered questions...

The biggest Influence in my Life...

The biggest influence in my life was/is my childhood and that I grew up in DDR.

After the fall of the wall I was strongly influenced by the emerging techno culture in Berlin, it was incredibly exciting to dip into this foreign world.

The Musik Liberty and energy of this time has formed me a lot and the fascination is still a part of my music.

The internet...

The internet is going to be an important platform of communication and presentation for me and my work.

Nevertheless I try to get rid of redundant information in order not to be addicted by these interactive things.

If I could turn back time...

I would do everything the same, I'm totally happy with my personal development.

My first gig....

was in 1993 in my hometown in front of 10 people - I was totally nervous and had stage-fright

The funniest thing I ever heard...

Every day I experience funny & extraordinary stories

There's no explicit & funny story to tell - exciting & new things happen to me a lot - that´s important for me!!

Food and music...

Both means enjoyment & sensuality to me...

Both are essential building blocks - it conciliates my body and soul

The happiest moment...

I want to keep that private

One place you should definitely visit...

Probably I will climb the biggest mountain in the world and enjoy the silence and pureness of the moment.

The best food in the world....

Best food will be found at places where people cook with a lot of love, time and creativity and where people concentrate on essentials aroma's of the region and culture.

The best advice I ever got ....

People who live their lives rationally, do not understand life.
danbolton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by danbolton »

thanks, checking it out now :)
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

thank you.
crash
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by crash »

thanks. nice tunes innit.
rooney23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by rooney23 »

tracklist please?? :?: :D :D
stinger
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by stinger »

rooney23 wrote:tracklist please?? :?: :D :D
Is that the only english you can speak? on every freakin threat tracklist, tracklist, tracklist! Just listen to the music and don't steel all the tunes for your blog!
darrylizer
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by darrylizer »

stinger wrote:
rooney23 wrote:tracklist please?? :?: :D :D
Is that the only english you can speak? on every freakin threat tracklist, tracklist, tracklist! Just listen to the music and don't steel all the tunes for your blog!

I couldn't agree more. Some people have no shame.

Greed is ugly.
sraid77
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sraid77 »

I'm not sure it has everything to do with greed....I mean I'm not a blogger, just a fan, and it's nice to know who made a track that you enjoy...

the opening track is Deadbeat- Meccan Drum Jack...

I'm really feeling the tracks at 9 and 10 minutes too, if anyone knows those offhand.
“Repetition changes nothing in the object repeated, but does change something in the mind which contemplates it.”