C. Liebing gives away digital track versions to vinyl buyers

- open
jimmy187
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

C. Liebing gives away digital track versions to vinyl buyers

Post by jimmy187 »

Chris Liebing invites everyone who owns vinyl on the labels CLR, CLRetry, CLAU and Spinclub Recordings to download the digital version of these tracks for free from December 1st 2008 on. This will be an unlimited offer and includes all of the labels´ vinyl, no matter when or where it was bought over the last ten years.
How will you get the digital download link? Just make a photo of yourself with the vinyl in your hand and mail it to us. Further details will be available on our website cl-rec.com from December 1st 2008 on.
This isn‘t all! In the future, we would also like to make one decision unnecessary for those who are still deciding between vinyl or digital purchases.. From 2009 on, we will give each vinyl buyer a code for a free download of the corresponding tracks (including the digital only versions).
Chris Liebing:
“It is obvious that more and more DJs are working with digital files just as I do. So I thought that maybe a few of those who like my music might appreciate getting those tracks which were once bought on vinyl, free of charge, and with little effort as digital files as well – legally and in the best possible quality.”
Hugues31
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hugues31 »

Funny and nice initiative !
Virox
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Virox »

More labels need to start doing this. I love buying vinyl but i also use traktor for gigs Ripping them ruins the quality in my opinion. Quite often i'll *cough* pirate the digital copy for gigs. But quite often this isnt possible.

Respect what he's doing here.
SOM BOM
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by SOM BOM »

Totally agree, hope more labels start to do this as well!

I like the physical purchase of buying vinyl but the practicalities of mp3's.

I would defiantly buy more vinyl as a result and I’m sure a lot of other people would to...!
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

SOM BOM wrote:I would defiantly buy more vinyl as a result and I’m sure a lot of other people would to...!
I don't think so to be honest.
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

patrick bateman wrote:
SOM BOM wrote:I would defiantly buy more vinyl as a result and I’m sure a lot of other people would to...!
I don't think so to be honest.
I agree. It's very beneficial for people who want both, but these days I think people are only going to buy a vinyl who are die-hards or really enjoy a release.
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

looks like Jay Haze is in the giveaway mood too

http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=40132
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by damagedgoods »

I'm genuinely surprised more labels aren't doing this. When I buy a record I usually want to listen to it as well as DJ with it, and since I listen to most music off my laptop I end up having to either download it off some blog (obviously not unless I bought the vinyl!) or rip it myself, which is a massive pain.

Vinyl isn't dead, but not that many people have a turntable in their bedroom. The notion that DJs will buy a release on vinyl and then pay for it again on Beatport just so they can listen to it at home is laughable. Bravo Liebing et al.