professional interface

- ask away
klankeffect
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

professional interface

Post by klankeffect »

hi,
not new to the forum but different account name..
i want to upgrade my studio, beginning with more professional interface.
i am now using emu usb 0404 but, for beginning is quite ok, but when i want to do a lot of effects,... she is not working like fast enough and also i want to have some better sound reslults. my eye was on the emu 1616m with integrated pci card for some analogue like effects, etc without blowing my cpu. Any of you have some ideas what are some nice alternatives ore have experience with this emu 1616m?
I was also checking the uad mastering tools, they also work with pci card ore something, but it coast quite a lot. any ideas they are welcome my budget is around like around 500 euro

grtz and peace
lessizmoremoreizless
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

M.O.T.U have some nice ones with dsp effects,check em...the Ultralite is somewhere around that price..
http://www.motu.com/products/motuaudio/ultralite-mk3/
NoAffiliation
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NoAffiliation »

ive had both the 1616m and motu ultralite...

the 1616m is a nice card but the PCI card caused lots of issues with my computer. dont buy this if you have a newer desktop with lots of ram. the chipset in my motherboard was not compatible with their pci card.

the motu is nice but again there were driver issues with vista...

i have settled on the echo audiofire8 and this thing outperforms either of those other. it uses the same cirrus logic converters as the apogee ensemble which is a 2 thousand dollar interface. completely stable
ganik
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by ganik »

NoAffiliation wrote: it uses the same cirrus logic converters as the apogee ensemble which is a 2 thousand dollar interface. completely stable
where did you find that info?
multum in parvo
JCH
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JCH »

NoAffiliation wrote:ive had both the 1616m and motu ultralite...

the 1616m is a nice card but the PCI card caused lots of issues with my computer. dont buy this if you have a newer desktop with lots of ram. the chipset in my motherboard was not compatible with their pci card.

the motu is nice but again there were driver issues with vista...

i have settled on the echo audiofire8 and this thing outperforms either of those other. it uses the same cirrus logic converters as the apogee ensemble which is a 2 thousand dollar interface. completely stable
............and they utilise the converters in the same way as Apogee?
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

I can also advise the MOTU Ultralite...

A Friend of mine uses it and is pretty happy... good quality and he had never problems with it and the DSP Effects are cool as well.

I think there is nothing better in that price range.

For me I can't advise to buy a soundcard from M-Audio. Me and my Friends ever had some Problems with the Fasttrack Cards as have some guys on the board.

Cheerz
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
Roqqert
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Roqqert »

I'm really happy with my presonus firebox. Lots of outputs and inputs and for mac its plug and play <3 no drivers.. no install crap
lcvl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lcvl »

Any RME interface! Really...
Dubby music & free samples http://leocavallo.bandcamp.com