English speakers working in Germany??

- open
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

as in probably every city/country, you can live there with your english, but if you want to have a 'normal/decent' job, you should at least learn just the basic of the language... IMO[/quote]

I agree totally,and im sort of trying to do that now with german audio books ...

I live in Madrid at the moment and i can't stand it when i hear tourists say please and thankyou to waiters/barstaff etc...i mean,every fucker knows how to say por favor and gracias surely...
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

kristofason wrote:I live in Madrid at the moment and i can't stand it when i hear tourists say please and thankyou to waiters/barstaff etc...i mean,every fucker knows how to say por favor and gracias surely...
When I lived on the border of Mexico, it was the complete opposite. English-speaking Mexican Nationals from Monterrey would come across the border to the beach for the weekend & deliberately not speak English to any of our non-Spanish speaking staff. Then, they would immediately turn around & start conversing with each other in English. :x
"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

patrick bateman wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:A friend of mine moved over there about 6 months ago. He is still unemployed and is finding it very hard. Best bet is to find a job before you go I think.
as in probably every city/country, you can live there with your english, but if you want to have a 'normal/decent' job, you should at least learn just the basic of the language... IMO
My friend can speak german fine. He was learning in the UK before he moved over there. He just said getting interviews is the main problem, as nobody has given him the chance.

One thing that made me laugh in Berlin was that I would speak german to somebody and they would speak english back to me.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

::BLM:: wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:A friend of mine moved over there about 6 months ago. He is still unemployed and is finding it very hard. Best bet is to find a job before you go I think.
as in probably every city/country, you can live there with your english, but if you want to have a 'normal/decent' job, you should at least learn just the basic of the language... IMO
My friend can speak german fine. He was learning in the UK before he moved over there. He just said getting interviews is the main problem, as nobody has given him the chance.

One thing that made me laugh in Berlin was that I would speak german to somebody and they would speak english back to me.
That's pretty common I think. There are so many tourists/dj's what ever living there...
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I can see why people would want to move, but Berlin to me just seems like it has its scene already and it might be hard to break into.
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

It just seemed like a nice city to me,and by what ive heard its quite layed back aswell,so uve got the city vibe but the pace is a lot slower than other big cities...
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

jaco wrote:a friend of mine works at the easyjet callcenter in berlin
Can you give me some more info about that, how to apply, etc... I am interested. Thank you! 8)
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

more info on this? thanx 8)