how cain i synthetize this sound?

- ask away
stefanovidalidj
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

how cain i synthetize this sound?

Post by stefanovidalidj »

Hi guys... This track has a strange crackle-rattle sound repeated in background... How can i synthezize it?

Here's the sample:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GCETBWUT
NickSoundDT
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by NickSoundDT »

Do you mean the sound that is one every other 8th note, like a hi-hat? If that's the sound you mean, I would just record a snappy or crackly sound through a microphone and tweak it in the sampling software (or hardware) of your choice.

If you're dead set on synthesizing this sound, the first thing that comes to mind is using an LFO using a sine waveshape. Make sure to sync it to the tempo of your track. I'd guess 16th or even 32nd note sync would do the trick, although I'd have to try it to tell you for sure. Last, assign the LFO to modulate the volume of the sound.

I make no guarantees on how close this will get you, but I would be willing to bet that this will get you on the right track at least.

Good luck!

- Nick
Ableton Live sound design tutorials
stefanovidalidj
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by stefanovidalidj »

yes is that crackle sound....i'm involved to synthetize it because at the end i have more control on variations than sampling it... thank you for the answer... and for the good tutorial on non 0 crossing kick ^^
NickSoundDT
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by NickSoundDT »

No problem, good luck with it :)
Ableton Live sound design tutorials