::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[FOF010] PAWAS - MAZO

Post by ::BLM:: »

Pawas - Mazo - Fear of Flying

Juno
Beatport

Fear of Flying celebrate their 10th release with the mystically charged ‘Mazo’ EP from Pawas being supported by Lee Burridge, Laurent Garnier and Audiofly.

‘Mazo’ EP is spontaneous, groovy and exotic. A package that dips in toes in diversity, flirting with an assortment of influences and marking the ability of Pawas as an artist.

Pawas was born and brought up in India. The son of a classical Indian musician, he learnt the exquisite skills of the “tabla” (traditional indian drum) and taught himself various other instruments like percussion, bass guitar and keyboards in his early years. Enticed greatly by the electronic music scene the past decade has seen him relocate to Berlin and brought his productions to dancefloors such as DC10 and labels such as Spectral and Connaisseur.

The title track ‘Mazo’ has already been luring the attention of the big names, rattling out a kaleidoscope of drums. ‘Disorder’ is soothing and graceful, painting a landscape of dreamy sound. ‘Mac Dub’ skips into rapturous percussion, echoing elements of the mid 90s deep house sound while finding fresh feet and the closing ‘New Bed’ plunges deeper into dark, atmospheric territory.

Pawas’ colorful style in his string of solo productions and collaborations with friend Daso have found favour amongst a variety of jocks such as Luciano, Hernan Cattaneo, Satoshie Tomiie & Paul Woolford. This release is a follow-up to Pawas’ first release on Fear of Flying, the “PLAYTEX EP” last year.

Taking flight in 2005 Fear of Flying records glides through the deeper shades of techno and dives into the warmth of house. Reaching a decade of releases, it has become one of the UK’s most flourishing labels and found an army of support both at home and abroad.

A label that seeps imagination and creativity, keep watching as Fear of Flying bears the soul of its flight.

Justin Drake: Excellent

Lee Burridge: Mazo is cool

Audiofly: Supercool ep! all tracks have their place in a set.

Laurent Garnier: Very nice deepness will play on my early sets

Dave Mothersole: Nice tracks these. like em all but 'new bed' and 'disorder' really stand out for me - great stuff. perfect for my radio show.

Jeff Samuel: mac dub is a really special dub techno track...this has some real feeling behind it rather than the countless basic channel ripoffs being released every week. great track.

Geddes: Been playing Mazo for a while now, really good track and always get a super reaction where ever i'm playing.

Ewan Pearson: Like Mac Dub a lot.

Polder: Like the feel of Mazo a lot, will play for sure.

www.myspace.com/fearofflyingrecordlabel
www.myspace.com/djpawas
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fear-of-F ... 590?ref=ts

Next up BLM & Pawas provide FOF011.
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

the a1 is dope, sick release ben mate, played
x
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

New artwork for our 10th release:

pre-amp tango
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pre-amp tango »

i like all four tracks, could actually end up in my crate.
never expected pawas to make it that far. 8)
Hugues31
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hugues31 »

Good release! 4 tracks are really nice !!
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

pre-amp tango wrote:i like all four tracks, could actually end up in my crate.
What do you mean expected? Pawas is a quality producer!
harold_f
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harold_f »

pawas best work
pre-amp tango
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pre-amp tango »

::BLM:: wrote:
pre-amp tango wrote:i like all four tracks, could actually end up in my crate.
What do you mean expected? Pawas is a quality producer!
simply because so far he didn't produce any track that i liked so much that i desperately needed it in my collection. they were all quite far from that, to be honest.