midi Question

- ask away
Sonny-
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

midi Question

Post by Sonny- »

I just got my uc33-e today, after playing around with it i decided to hook up my bcr 2000 aswell to start playing live but i'm having some problems with the binding, it seems that if i bind some knob of my bcr for example 1/7 , and i bind a similar knob 1/7 from my uc-33 they respond to the same signal and go up and down at the same time, probably something stupid in the midi settings that i have to change.. better ask than fooling around with it..

so anyone can help me out?
m2n
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by m2n »

question: your using ableton i think, am i right?

if so, the thing is that you (and please somebody correct me if iam wrong), cant select a dedicated output channel for every controller.

So simple conclussion: Dont map the same cc on the same channel twice in your setup.
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

m2n wrote:the thing is that you (and please somebody correct me if iam wrong), cant select a dedicated output channel for every controller
this is something you do on your controller not in your daw. the uc-33 has a global output channel. set the channel of each cc to 00 to have it use the global channel. set the global channel with the global channel button.
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: midi Question

Post by skept »

Sonny- wrote:I just got my uc33-e today, after playing around with it i decided to hook up my bcr 2000 aswell to start playing live but i'm having some problems with the binding, it seems that if i bind some knob of my bcr for example 1/7 , and i bind a similar knob 1/7 from my uc-33 they respond to the same signal and go up and down at the same time, probably something stupid in the midi settings that i have to change.. better ask than fooling around with it..

so anyone can help me out?
there is nothing you have to change. it is working as intended. cc 1 channel 7 is cc 1 channel 7 no matter which controller it comes from.
Lord_Iron
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Lord_Iron »

It is not a good idea have 2 knobs sending the same CC on the same midi channel. That's why they go up and down at the same time.
You have to check on the settings of each controller wich CC is sending each knob/fader/button and change the ones that are the same.
I also have those 2 controllers, and what I did is to have all the knobs/faders of the UC33 on midi channel 1 and on midi channel 2 the ones from the BCR. But that thing you have to do it inside the controllers and not in Ableton.
So check the manual, in the begining is a bit difficult but not impossible. Also you can do it with a software editor, is much easier and quicker. You can download the software on the M-Auido and Behringher sites.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

use a different preset on your uc-33. learn how to do it reading the manual. I had to do the same thing.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

i should elaborate... on the uc33 there is another preset which puts all the controls on on midi channel. then you can adjust the global midi channel to be different than your bcr2000. then you should be all good. You don't need to use the uc33 enigma editor software at all to accomplish this. I think I just used a reason preset or something. i believe it was preset 4. good luck.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Sonny-
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Sonny- »

problem solved by just putting in the bcr presets that i use on very high channels and the ones from the uc on the lower ones..

thx for the info, i'm sure i'm gonna use them all over time..