[CADENZA31] Argenis Brito - “Iminent Ep”

- wax
djBounce
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[CADENZA31] Argenis Brito - “Iminent Ep”

Post by djBounce »

Review
Venezuelan producer Argenis Brito graces us with his sophomore Cadenza release, the ‘Imminent EP’. Renowned for his role as lead vocalist for Senor Coconut as well as his collaborative projects with artists as decorated as Luciano, Pier Bucci, Jay Haze and Samim, the multi-talented Argenis’ solo work comes with some pedigree. Resident in Berlin since 2004, his distinctly latin interpretation of house is a step ahead of the game, with prior releases on Junion and Cadenza animating floors with that inimitable South American fervour. Title track ‘Imminent’ is a playful affair,with bouncing bass and a shimmering synth melody dancing around the kick. Intoxicating and funked up, the melodies call and respond in a fragmented conversation while pulsing echoed tones add depth to the mix. ‘Mind Body Soul’ stutters into a complex percussive pattern, coloured by warm keys and blocks of bass tone. Funky is the word, as a distorted vocal directs bodies to the floor. Deep and immersive, dark melodic synth movements plunge us into a sweaty and cathartic house hole. On the flip, ‘Lolipop’ combines electro and house elements into one cheeky dance with the devil. Bubbling bass flows under cascading melodic synth, as fat percussion crunches around sharp vocal bursts. Slick and futuristic, this is for that time of the night where looking backwards is not an option.Closing the EP, ‘Unreality’ is as deep as they come. Warm and uncompromising key stabs pulsate over a no-nonsense bass drive, accented by harmonising clav tones. Living up to it’s moniker, the resonant melodies and hypnotic pace conspire to transcendental effect.

CADENZA31 in the media
Craig Richards (Fabric): “I love this record. Simple, groovy and as wierd as you want it to be. four great tracks.”
Dj= Deep (Deeply Rooted): “...nice record, all mixes sound interresting”
Karotte (CocoonGreat Stuff): “beide tracks von der a seite find ich gut. werden gespielt.”
Karotte [Cocoon, Great Stuff]: “Beide tracks von der a seite find ich gut. werden gespielt.”
Sebo K (Mobilee): “funky stuff! full support.”
samples: http://www.wordandsound.de/play/play.m3 ... leid=55940
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

good. been waiting for the first track after i heard it in one of the livepa's :)
meffeo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by meffeo »

Interesting...
..keep the underground alive..

- myspace -
harold_f
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harold_f »

some nice grooves right there..
Raibaz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raibaz »

B1 for me :)

Will it be a single or a double vinyl?
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »

he has been playing with these in the last live sets that appeared here and there..
I guess it will be a good one :D
Krul
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Krul »

the samples sound amazing, I think I'll actually skip on the digitaline one and get this one instead. B1 is a sureshot methinks.
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

Cadenza at the moment for me is "I love (reboot), I pass (los updates), I love (melchior prod), I pass (Alex Picone), I love (next Digitaline), I'll probably pass (this one)

:lol:

Good release but it will be probably too expensive (double LP?) for only one track I like ;)