mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[MINIMISE 35] Donnacha Costello - It Simply Is | Trust

Post by m.g. »

Donnacha Costello - It Simply Is | Trust
Release Date: 15/09/2008
Minimise 35

Code: Select all

Donnacha Costello has been releasing electronic music since 1996.
In the 12 years since then, trends have come and trends have gone but one thing has remained constant: Beautiful music is beautiful music. Donnacha has always tried to steer clear of trends in favour of producing emotional, clear and ultimately beautiful music and it's immediately apparent that he has hit the nail right on the head with his latest work for minimise, paradoxically an exercise in both formal restraint and rushing emotional release.
For this project he stripped his studio back to just one synthesiser, one Roland TR-808 drum machine and some basic effects. He comments: "At a time when many of us have seemingly unending possibilities and almost infinite options available to us in our studios, it's easy to become overwhelmed and for creativity to be stifled. To set up my studio such that many difficult choices are already made or options eliminated before I sit down to write a single note has been liberating and empowering. It not only allows me to work faster but also to focus more intently on the choices that matter most to me."

A: It simply is - Emotive ambient track in which synthesiser melodies and echoes wash over each other and modulations send shivers down the spine. A reminder that music doesn't have to be complex to be beautiful.

B: Trust - A building, rushing, euphoric, ecstatic track for dancefloors everywhere. Brought to life with only a few classic elements, it shines in its simplicity and concentrates on the emotional power of music.

As usual, the visual presentation is immaculate. The cover art has been stripped back to essentials and the first 1000 pressings will come exclusively on clear vinyl. Availability is expected in mid-late September 2008.

Donnacha Costello is back, this is simply pure gold! Deep, emotional techno at it's best.

SAMPLES: http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=135194
nathan_fr
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nathan_fr »

I'm not really into this one.
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

Neither am I, even if I like some Costello's tracks...
m.g.
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by m.g. »

i love it :!:
both sides, maybe that's because of my mood lately :)
pre-amp tango
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pre-amp tango »

i actually like both tracks
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

not too fond of the b-side, but the a-side is really good
minimise
mnml newbie