- [new sites to purchase mp3's] -

- only
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

- [new sites to purchase mp3's] -

Post by John Clees »

with the discussion about the added beatport tax.. :http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37634&start=0

PLEASE let us know other mp3 sites you have (already) purchased from and your experience..

thanks in advance for your efforts.
Last edited by John Clees on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:29 am, edited 15 times in total.
bubbleguuuum
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bubbleguuuum »

whatpeopleplay

high quality sound in previews but very annoying manual intervention needed every 45 secs. Great selection of detroit techno and house. Basically that store has less stff than beatport but what's there is of higher quality. No WAvs unfortunately

junodownload

best download speeds, best bulk preview system as you can enqueue 8 weeks of previews in your favorite player if you want. Also the ability to get emails when an artist or label release sth new. WAV is almost always available.

http://www.digital-tunes.net/

The least expensive of the stores with the same pricing wheater you choose mp3, aac or WAV. What your looking for has more chance not to be available than not but if is, great!

boomkat.com

You can preview full tracks with only beeps as interruption (great).
Sometimes FLACs are available
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

kompkat.

good selection, good ethos, good prices, good people.

bad.. no user account with purchase history. no wavs (but I find 320s to be adequate)
Audio Dependent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Audio Dependent »

Bleep.com

Online shop from Warp records. nice interface, full length previews with a visual waveform (although you have to replay after 1 min) and pretty cheap.

content for house and techno is considerably smaller than beatport, but they have lots of other interesting stuff.

Boomkat have also started selling mp3s but i haven't looked at that for a while...
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

snocap.com

theres a link on the foundsound website.

Not bought anything yet though. Seems very fiddley
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
xumara
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by xumara »

www.digital-tunes.net is number1 for me at the moment:

- all tracks are the same price 1,50€ for WAV, FLAC or MP3 qualities, even for their exclusive releases
- i find not just your fancy chart-topper-cube-worshipping superlabels , but tons of smaller labels, both known and unknown
- simple interface and easy pre-listening: hovering mouse over a track name launches track
- fast downloads
plus:
- i get better royalties share than elsewhere for my label, which is kinda cool for a tiny label like mine ;)
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker