Kick drum donations

- ask away
intellijel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Kick drum donations

Post by intellijel »

I was wondering if anyone is willing to donate a couple of their favourite kick drum samples to me?

I am specifically looking for kicks that you have found from experience to sound good. i.e. You have had them released on tracks and have heard them play on good systems.

I have tons of kick drum samples and they are easy to find so the real key here is getting ones that people have particularly found to work well for them, especially from people with similar production aspirations.

Maybe I can make a small mnml.nl collection and share them with everyone?

cheers,
Danjel
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

kick drum question

Post by victorgonzales »

Im just curious if any of you use the same few kick samples or synths frequently.

Personally I never use the same kick drum twice. I ussually start from scratch with a new kick drum and never reuse the same one. I kinda tune it as I go to fit perfectlly as I can get it with new instruments.

The reason I ask Is a have noticed some artists seem to have the exact same kickdrum in alot of their tracks.

But Id love to add to my collection if anyones got some to share.

Id share some but I dont have anything in particualr I use more often than another.
intellijel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by intellijel »

I monitor in a small room with poor acoustics and the result is that I am just guessing when it comes to bass frequencies.

I can see a lot of producers in similar situations just sticking to kicks they know work well and using it as a reference point for building all the other parts around it.

Ideally I would have a proper mixing room and be able to play loud enough that I could regularly use a sub and really hear my kicks (and be creative with them).

This is why I am looking for acoustic donations in the form of nice kick drums :)
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

all kick drums suck... don't use them. :D

i'm with victor each kick has to be tailored to the choon.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

A simpole way you may be able to toon your kicks would be soloing the kick with each lower frequency instrument one at a time. Ussually if you can get it to work well with each instrument or at least somewhere in the middle it will sound decent in the full mix. It also makes it easier to hear without all the other stuff going on.
intellijel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by intellijel »

I have been seriously considering buying a jomox Mbase01 just for the purpose of tuning and creating a kick for each track.

I guess another approach is I can post samples of tracks I am working on to mnml and get feedback. Eventually I will be able to recognize what sounds right on my system relative to real world.
expitronic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by expitronic »

edit: deleted , sorry
Last edited by expitronic on Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

edit : they are very good samples though :)
Last edited by Opuswerk on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk