Moving to Berlin, looking for gigs or work!

- ask away
mrgreynoise

Moving to Berlin, looking for gigs or work!

Post by mrgreynoise »

Hi everybody,

I've bought a one-way ticket to Berlin, arriving in mid-September. I'm looking for live/dj gigs, and any sort of production / composition / teaching / remixing work. For those who don't know me or my productions, you can check some of my recent tracks on my myspace page, I also have many years experience in composition for movies, videogames, modern dance. I've also produced / mixed / mastered a few local bands.

Thanks in advance for any contacts, it is tremendously appreciated!
ledualtr
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ledualtr »

fck, i loved, loved texas sidechain mass(acre). i live in mexico so i can't help you, but i wish you success.
H+¿?
Android
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Android »

good luck!~ follow the dream!

rent prices look much cheaper there, than where I'm living currently

I'm considering it as well...
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

i have friends in berlin, and yes its a cheap place to live, the last city in europe where you can live the bohemian lifestyle, but its also overpopulated with electronic musicians, and gigs are hard to get and pay very little.
but maybe you need a berliner to separate the facts from the fiction,

i love berlin.
mrgreynoise

Post by mrgreynoise »

yeah i was there last year for a few months and it is like montreal.. cheap, bohemian and full of artists =)

i want to live in berlin but play everywhere. i'm developping my european circuit!!
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

I actually live in the real Bohemia - in the capital city called Prague. cheap rent / 4 hours from berlin / best beer in the world / no smoking ban

strangely devoid of any real creative scene. there is art but no scene. the dance music scene here generally reflects the dj charts on beatport - if you're lucky. this depressed me at first but in the end this is good because it means I feel quite isolated and different in the music I make and support. when I play live it's like something from another planet for some people. the communist grey surroundings make for good techno inspiration also. I quite like being in a place where it's easy to be individual.

so folks, remember there are other cities in central europe - that could be easier to survive in than Berlin.

Good luck with your move by the way. Where are you moving from?
mrgreynoise

Post by mrgreynoise »

very interesting about prague! i'm from montreal.
tintin2085
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tintin2085 »

Hi mrgreynoise,

I want also follow my dream and live in Berlin, but it's LaMecca from electronic music and I think it's the city with the highest percentage of DJs at the km2 in the world :lol:

It exist clubs in Berlin that you must pay for mix :shock: (-)

Berlin as the highest percentage of non working people of all the Germany 20%. In Germany he is no minimal wages. :?

You must know the good persons and be lucky if you want to have a chance to mix in Berlin.
If you are not a professional DJ you must find a work and if you don't know the german it can be a little bit difficult :lol:

If you have good graduates and if you know German you can have a chance for live in Berlin ;)