B2 Subway Hustle (9:05)
B3 Loop B
C1 Insectoid (8:56)
C2 Left Alone (8:48)
C3 Loop C
D1Leaving Earth (13:47)
D2 Loop D

Loops A-D

this is a superfantastic album, got to be one of the most interesting releases of the year imo, all the tracks are pure gold! can't remember a vinyl was worth absolutely all the money, but this definitely is :)

http://www.something-records.com/info.html
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

Owning nearly all "clubby" StL releases, I always fear that the sound might get worn out, especially regarding the recently high release frequency of this guy. Well, it is not the case here! Still he moves around virtuosic in his self-created sound and beat universe. Several tracks on this LP I find on top of all past releases.
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

aut.t.n wrote:Owning nearly all "clubby" StL releases, I always fear that the sound might get worn out, especially regarding the recently high release frequency of this guy. Well, it is not the case here! Still he moves around virtuosic in his self-created sound and beat universe. Several tracks on this LP I find on top of all past releases.
understand what you're saying, but i feel as long as all other producers dont jump on his style and copy it, stephan can do monthly releases for what i care as long as the releases are still top quality, just as this one is :)
trensp
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by trensp »

with most people complaining about the disposable nature of modern beats... its good to have Stephan around... this is timeless music.
soapz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by soapz »

Ive always got time for STLs music.. :D
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Sounds wicked :!:
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

Stephan's music is superb! I just wished he'd stop putting 18+min on one record side because the sound is pretty weak and everything sounds totally overcompressed. There is a lot more sound depth in his Perlon releases.

Well, who cares, gonna buy it again a every other of his records. His ambient CDs are very nice too, if you are into that stuff.
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
mattburns
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mattburns »

have noticed that too redkite, re the sound quality.

STL is puttin out some great stuff at the minute. cant wait to hear the release in full