I have a studio :)

- ask away
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

I have a studio :)

Post by pheek »

Who else here has one?

It's such a dream to have my first out-of-home studio...
omnipresence
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by omnipresence »

I think I like mine being a bedroom studio, despite its shortcomings. There is an immediacy i.e. it's always at your fingertips. Would be nice to have a dedicated workspace though.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

omnipresence wrote:I think I like mine being a bedroom studio, despite its shortcomings. There is an immediacy i.e. it's always at your fingertips. Would be nice to have a dedicated workspace though.
Im goint to buy my first house next year and I think Im going to build a small room in my backyard for a studio. Ilike it being at home but it would be nice if it was not a room IN my home.

I imagine it would feel more like a work environment if it was somewhere else though. Might be good for staying on task.
Adrian Kiliszek
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Adrian Kiliszek »

Pheek show as some photos:)
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

yeah used to have one till i moved country...too expensive to pay rent and find studio space in london.

its definitly a good thing cause the time you spend there is focused, and you can make so much noise.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Atheory wrote:yeah used to have one till i moved country...too expensive to pay rent and find studio space in london.

its definitly a good thing cause the time you spend there is focused, and you can make so much noise.
Yes I agree. I am looking for space in London at the moment, simply because my home life is hectic and I need my own space I can go to without any distractions.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

i have a studio room in my house, but my only neighbours are sheep so i dont have a noise problem, my girlfriend is an artist, so we just get on with our own stuff in our own studios, so there's no distractions.
i tried having a rented studio space when i lived in the city, but it didnt work for me. if i have an idea, i have to just go straight in the studio and get on with it.
mrgreynoise

Post by mrgreynoise »

also got a separate room in my appartment here.

would really dig the same but in a different building, so that i would actually have to leave my house and 'go to the office'

good job pheek =)